Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (139)
    Country
    See adamslogikcards's Items on eBay

Wow guys. Thaks for prooving my point. Childhood and adult obesity are up, heart dicease is up, and this generation is the first one in history with a projected life span that is less than their parents. THOSE ARE facts but everyone is more than happy to just close their eyes and take offence to the fact that somebody says something. You guys specifically might be informed. I don't doubt it as you're smart people, but the general public has proven themselves otherwise, that is a fact that can be easily backed up with other facts.

To stand up and just say "you're wrong!!! People know what healthy is..." despite all the evidence that supports the opposite is insane.

My point is that society as a whole acts JUST THE WAY YOU JUST did. When presented with legitimately concerning information and told they need to act, people are very quick to go on the defensive and believe that they are smart enough to know better and so this problem doesn't affect them, so nothing changes because everyone thinks that they are not part of the problem.

That is why groups like this exist. It may not be the fault of parents, after all, it's not like we were all educated in this specific area, and you're right, the media throwd so much hype around that nobody knows what is the right thing to do.

Understand this though, whether you choose to close your eyes and take offence or not, this is happening.

Obviously I, and most people understand that timbits and sugary drinks are "sometimes" foods. that is part of the problem though. Because the word "sometimes" is totally subjective. To some it may mean once a week, to some once a month, to others it may mean every second day. There is a difference between knowing something is bad for you, and UNDERSTANDING just how bad for you and what makes it so bad.

Go on though. Tell me I'm wrong, it won't change the facts, but I'm sure it will make you feel justified about denying the problem while the children of the world get sicker on our watch.

Just to clarify, I'm not blaming the food industry, I'm BLAMING PEOPLE, which is why you're all so quick to take offence. Nobody likes to be called out, but the fact is that people had to confidence to stand up and disagree, despite the facts, just goes to prove that society will always do what is easiest, and in this case, it's easier to take deny the problem and just keep doing what you're doing.

Also, remember that we're talking about kids here, NOT you guys. Do you really believe that children understand all of the health repercussions of fast food or sugary drinks? I mean, I see lineups at every restaurant near the high schools in town at lunchtime that would argue otherwise, and garbage cans full of red bull and pepsi cans at most high schools that would also support this claim.

If we were truly honest with ourselves we would be able to admit that OUR CHILDREN are woefully unclear as to the definition of "sometimes food".

FYI, Who thought of the expression "sometimes food"? Probably the food industry, because what we should be calling Pepsi, redbull and timbits are "NEVER foods". This bad food is killing people, we wouldn't say it's alright for our kids to smoke a "sometimes" cigarette. There is literally nothing in those foods that your body needs or can use nutritionally, so why do we consume them? Oh yeah, because they taste good, and we deserve a treat "sometimes", right? Yeah, who cares what it does to our health, we've earned it. Just FYI, once upon a time, CIGARETTES were looked at the same way.
    Last edited by adamslogik; 02-07-2016 at 02:09 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I understand that you're championing a cause here, but I just can't bring myself to feel bad for someone who knowingly harms their body in such a way (edited to add that I DO feel bad for anyone suffering from eating disorders or depression and the like). Kids and adults do know that junk food is bad for them, just like they know that celery and broccoli are good for them. They eat junk food because it tastes great and they don't eat celery because it tastes like crunchy water. I'm not "denying" or "taking offence" to anything; I just think a lot of people nowadays can't be saved from themselves, yet they make it someone else's problem. Sometimes I choose to have a beer or six, sometimes I eat several slices of pizza when one will suffice. I do that because I'm enjoying it, and then to keep in shape, I make up for it on a different day. I don't blame companies for making me eat their food, because the only person who MADE me eat it is me.

And as for the idea that these sweet, brave, innocent children don't know that fat + sweet = unhealthy is absurd. Kids and teens know so much about technology, sex, drugs, fast food etc. these days compared to even one generation ago. As well, the parents of this current generation are the worst I've ever seen. Rather than taking time to talk to their children about such issues, they'd rather hand them an Ipad and get the kid to shut up for ten minutes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12