Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I'm actually disappointed. For all the foolishness they put collectors through the least they could have done was included an auto. I recognize that being numbered out of 97 makes it pretty exclusive, however an auto would have been great on these cards.

Yes an auto would be great. So would a multi-colour patch from a game-worn jersey. However, much like the Tim Hortons redemption, at no point did UD ever suggest/imply/hint that the OPC Draft Puzzle redemption card would be anything of that nature.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I'm actually the temporary caretaker of 96/97 for a friend in Quebec, and boy let me tell you I was not expecting a FedEx package from UD today so imagine my surprise at the sight of such a card! Missed it by that much!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Antonio Spurs
    Twitter: @pwskelly See pwskelly's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Yes an auto would be great. So would a multi-colour patch from a game-worn jersey. However, much like the Tim Hortons redemption, at no point did UD ever suggest/imply/hint that the OPC Draft Puzzle redemption card would be anything of that nature.

You've missed the point. I'm not claiming that Upper Deck did anything illegal or immoral.

I just think that the card could have been better. To make collectors jump through hoops to get a card that some intern hand-numbered to me is insulting. In my opinion, UD should have at least had McDavid auto the card. This should have been an epic card for an epic collector. Instead it is UD's lazy attempt to put out something unique. To the collectors that were able to achieve this feat, congrats but a big thumbs down to UD.

Hidden Content

Collecting Mike Liut, Andrei Markov
    and Montréal Canadiens.

SCF Rewards
    Country

You've missed the point. I'm not claiming that Upper Deck did anything illegal or immoral.

I just think that the card could have been better. To make collectors jump through hoops to get a card that some intern hand-numbered to me is insulting. In my opinion, UD should have at least had McDavid auto the card. This should have been an epic card for an epic collector. Instead it is UD's lazy attempt to put out something unique. To the collectors that were able to achieve this feat, congrats but a big thumbs down to UD.

I understand your perspective, but there will be plenty of other releases where you can pick up a McDavid autograph. I'm happy they kept it simple, as it fits better with the OPC release.

Sure it's a lot of work for a "basic" card, but at the same time I'm happy that they injected some fun into the chase. And given the sale prices of the first few, I think the chase was worth it in terms of ROI.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country

Are we really at the point where clicking an eBay BIN button 9 times and going to the post office is considered work?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See r.yau27's Items on eBay

Are we really at the point where clicking an eBay BIN button 9 times and going to the post office is considered work?

Or once, and especially if the mailman delivers it to your front porch/in your mailbox... I sold the entire set I put together because I didn't see the appeal in doing the whole process for the card + I was impatient (lol)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12