Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Penguins
    See novajagr68's Items on eBay

1990-91 OPC Premier #50 Jaromir Jagr...

Just noticed this card finally went up in BV.. about time! My favorite card of my favorite player finally getting some love (I have 60 of them. Yes, I have a problem.. lol). Anybody else think this card could keep climbing now? When I look on eBay the past couple months these things are selling at auction for $10-12 US or more if you consider shipping, so I feel like it could. Thoughts?
    Last edited by tbcurran1; 03-15-2016 at 09:33 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (28)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs
    See anth-toop's Items on eBay

I don't think you have a problem at all...if he's your favourite player, get what you can!

I think that ungraded copies of Jaromir Jagr's OPC Premier RC will remain stable for a while.

If you are lucky enough to have a graded copy of this card, prices are higher and will incrementally increase over the years.

Check out this one from my private collection:

Thoughts?
    Tony

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

I don't think you have a problem at all...if he's your favourite player, get what you can!

I think that ungraded copies of Jaromir Jagr's OPC Premier RC will remain stable for a while.

If you are lucky enough to have a graded copy of this card, prices are higher and will incrementally increase over the years.

Check out this one from my private collection:

Thoughts?
    Tony

Nice card, Tony! Great 9.5
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Penguins
    See novajagr68's Items on eBay

That is a beauty right there! I need to get a graded one for sure, or have my best-of-the-best graded... I know it cost a bit to do it, but this is one card I think it is worth the risk. OPC Premier in general has to be one of the best sets made from the over-production era.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I remember when these were worth more than $100, lol.

I don't know. The initial buzz around this set was that it was better quality than regular OPC (I think better quality than anything that year, other than UD) but it was MUCH more limited than everything else that came out that season.

That is all still true today, but OPC Premier wasn't really all that limited. I bought a complete set a couple of years back for $20(ish).... though I think that's a pretty good deal that I won't be able to easily replicate.

Demand is going to drive prices. In the coming years will there be more demand for Jagr? Card jumps from $10 to $15 because there are ample people willing to pay $15. Will there be ample people willing to pay $20 ?? I don't know. I think like most stuff from that era, there's too many copies out there.... however as more time goes on, I think how good he's really been is becoming more appreciated (IMO he is easily a top-10 player of all time) and that is his best rookie card, so makes sense that it's going up.

If it's started an upward trend, who knows?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

That was a very nice set -- one of the best of that era. But even though it wasn't as mass-produced as ProSet, there are still too many out there for it ever too get too valuable. $20 for Jagr -- maybe. $50 -- no way. Maybe by 2050 when gas is $20 a gallon, but not anytime soon.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (28)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs
    See anth-toop's Items on eBay

That is a beauty right there! I need to get a graded one for sure, or have my best-of-the-best graded... I know it cost a bit to do it, but this is one card I think it is worth the risk. OPC Premier in general has to be one of the best sets made from the over-production era.

I have BGS 9.5 copies of almost all the key rookies in that set

SCF Rewards
    Country

One of those Jaromir's would look pretty nice with a Black Label across the top. Drool.