Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Easiest way from the Philly airport is the Atlantic City Expressway. Should be about an hour. You will go north 95 after the airport to Exit 19/Walt Whitman Bridge and just follow the signs. It's a straight run.

Thanks for helping out!

Don

Hobby Insider Boss

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Hobby Insider (204)
    Country
    See gomaz's Items on eBay

Easiest way from the Philly airport is the Atlantic City Expressway. Should be about an hour. You will go north 95 after the airport to Exit 19/Walt Whitman Bridge and just follow the signs. It's a straight run.

Thanks for helping out!

Don

Hey thanks guys.....but perhaps I should have added that I will not have a car, lol.

So rather than what is the best route, what is the best or who is the best service provider of a ride from Philly airport to AC?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Pittsburgh Penguins Boise State Broncos
    Twitter: @DFWGrapher Instagram:

If any VIPs/SuperVIPs can help me out, if anyone gets these signed by the VIP autograph guests, I would be interested in trading for them:

1972 Topps #112 Greg Luzinski
    1972 Topps #125 Dave Cash
    1972 Topps #203 Ron Blomberg
    1972 Topps #255 Jim Lonborg
    1972 Topps #635 Don Money
    1972 Topps #636 Steve Garvey
    2005 Topps All-Time Fan Favorites #79 Mitch Williams

I'm also always on the lookout for other signed cards from the sets I'm doing (as well as some unsigned)-- mostly baseball and hockey, but also a football set and some indoor soccer ones. If anyone is likely to be spending time searching boxes of cheap signed cards (typically a few tables have some each year) or cheap unsigned 1972 Topps baseball, and wouldn't mind keeping their eyes open for stuff on my list, inbox me. Or, just check out the link in my sig.
    Last edited by *censored*; 06-15-2016 at 01:53 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hey thanks guys.....but perhaps I should have added that I will not have a car, lol.

So rather than what is the best route, what is the best or who is the best service provider of a ride from Philly airport to AC?

Here is another option: http://www.njtransit.com/var/var_ser...eAction=ACRLTo
    I collect vintage in all sports and rookies. However, I do love any Red Sox, Bears, Penguins or Celtics that I need for PC! Need 1959 Topps Baseball cards for a set (ending stages). My cards come from smoke free environment, so please be upfront if your cards are not. Also if your cards are creased or bent, be honest about it.

Hobby Insider Boss

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Hobby Insider (204)
    Country
    See gomaz's Items on eBay

Thank you walker066.

SCF Rewards
    Country

This will be my 2nd National. I live in Northeast Ohio, pretty close to Cleveland, so it's sad that I have only been to one so far. This trip was supposed to be a little more special than it's turning out to be. I was planning on proposing to my girlfriend in Philly before the show, but it's looking more and more like that won't happen due to time constraints (I want to get the perfect ring, which I haven't found yet).

When I went to the one in Cleveland in '14, I only went for a couple hours because I didn't realize there would be so much stuff. Doing it right this time and going Thursday all day and maybe another day if I don't find everything in one day. Looking for Jim Thome's 2012 Orioles card (I hate Topps for making his only Orioles card a SSP) and a T207 Grover Hartley as my top 2 priorities. I have some other vintage on my list and am very excited to come home with potentially a nice haul.

Any advice from anyone as I head into my 2nd National?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

This will be my 2nd National. I live in Northeast Ohio, pretty close to Cleveland, so it's sad that I have only been to one so far. This trip was supposed to be a little more special than it's turning out to be. I was planning on proposing to my girlfriend in Philly before the show, but it's looking more and more like that won't happen due to time constraints (I want to get the perfect ring, which I haven't found yet).

When I went to the one in Cleveland in '14, I only went for a couple hours because I didn't realize there would be so much stuff. Doing it right this time and going Thursday all day and maybe another day if I don't find everything in one day. Looking for Jim Thome's 2012 Orioles card (I hate Topps for making his only Orioles card a SSP) and a T207 Grover Hartley as my top 2 priorities. I have some other vintage on my list and am very excited to come home with potentially a nice haul.

Any advice from anyone as I head into my 2nd National?

Good luck on finding the perfect ring.

As for advice not sure what your looking for. It seems you learned from last time that your going to take a full day if not two. So that the smart thing to do. I assume you know most of the vintage is in the first half of the show.

Hope you have time to drop by the SCF booth. SCF WILL BE SET UP AT BOOTH 461.
    @KMayUSA6060
    Last edited by doniceage; 06-26-2016 at 08:06 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Good luck on finding the perfect ring.

As for advice not sure what your looking for. It seems you learned from last time that your going to take a full day if not two. So that the smart thing to do. I assume you know most of the vintage is in the first half of the show.

Hope you have time to drop by the SCF booth.
    @KMayUSA6060

Thanks bud!

Looking for 2012 Orioles Jim Thome (the stupid SSP version from the Update Series), a T207 Grover Hartley, and some other vintage baseball.

I didn't know the vintage was in the first half. That's interesting!

Will definitely be sure to drop by the SCF booth!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Thanks bud!

Looking for 2012 Orioles Jim Thome (the stupid SSP version from the Update Series), a T207 Grover Hartley, and some other vintage baseball.

I didn't know the vintage was in the first half. That's interesting!

Will definitely be sure to drop by the SCF booth!

Sounds good. Any other questions just ask.

Don

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sounds good. Any other questions just ask.

Don

Actually, I do have some card-specific questions.

Regarding vintage, obviously ungraded cards are typically cheaper than graded cards. Some of the vintage I'm looking at are big names, which can be popular for fakes. Any trust issues at the National with fakes? Or am I better off not being cheap, and taking any gray area out by buying slabbed vintage?

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast