Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See prosserfan39's Items on eBay

Selling physical cards on COMC, Newbie question

I'm sure this is an old question, how does COMC work as far as selling physical cards? I've sold a few e-pack cards, but I've got hundreds and thousands of cards I have no use for and need to get rid of. Did some sorting tonight and I've actually probably got 100 ready to sell. How do I go about getting them on COMC?

Thanks,

Dakota

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

The cards have to be physically sent in to COMC. You can mail them into them, or they do drop offs at some of the bigger card shows (they were set up in Toronto this past weekend for the Expo, they also do this @ the National. Maybe there are others?).

You send in your cards, and pay a listing fee (typically 25 cents per card, but they do have lower rates available during some promotions)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See prosserfan39's Items on eBay

The cards have to be physically sent in to COMC. You can mail them into them, or they do drop offs at some of the bigger card shows (they were set up in Toronto this past weekend for the Expo, they also do this @ the National. Maybe there are others?).

You send in your cards, and pay a listing fee (typically 25 cents per card, but they do have lower rates available during some promotions)

I saw they have a $25 minimum. Is that 100 cards at $0.25 per, or $25 worth in book value? Also, what do they do for the seller and do the cards need to be mailed in top loaders or are they fine in penny sleeves? Do they offer a suggested selling price once the cards are processed? Lots of questions, I know.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ask all the questions you want. That's what forums are for!

The $25 minimum refers to 100 cards, at 25 cents per.

Cards do not need to be mailed in toploaders, no. Penny Sleeves are fine... but I would make sure the box is packed tightly.

When your cards become active in your account, it will quickly show you how many copies are listed, and what the asking prices are. If you've got something that has 10 copies listed at 75 cents..... it's probably going to be tough to list yours for any higher, and have much of a hope in moving it.

As for "what do they do the seller" - not really sure how to answer that. They scan the card, enter it into your inventory, and you do the rest... until it sells, when they take care of all the shipping. Is there something specific you're wondering about?

I saw they have a $25 minimum. Is that 100 cards at $0.25 per, or $25 worth in book value? Also, what do they do for the seller and do the cards need to be mailed in top loaders or are they fine in penny sleeves? Do they offer a suggested selling price once the cards are processed? Lots of questions, I know.

SCF Rewards
    Country

does anyone know how long I can leave my purchased cards in COMC before shipping them to me?
    I bought some today, but wanted to ship in late June.
    Do you think this is ok?

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country

As long as you like. There is no time limit that I'm aware of.

If you ship 100 cards at once, you get a $5 store credit. I always wait for multiples of 100 cards to ship before sending in the request.

does anyone know how long I can leave my purchased cards in COMC before shipping them to me?
    I bought some today, but wanted to ship in late June.
    Do you think this is ok?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 12tetris's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

As long as you like. There is no time limit that I'm aware of.

If you ship 100 cards at once, you get a $5 store credit. I always wait for multiples of 100 cards to ship before sending in the request.

Im pretty sure you don't need to ship a hundred at once. Mine currently says 46 items till next $5. And a few months ago I got the $5 from two or three separate shipments.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yes, this is correct... I mispoke (mistyped?).

It's not 100 at once, it's 100 within a month. Wouldn't matter how many shipments you did.... so long as the number of cards adds up to 100.

It says 46 items right now.... if you go the rest of the month without cashing in on that bonus, my understanding is that it will reset to 100.

Im pretty sure you don't need to ship a hundred at once. Mine currently says 46 items till next $5. And a few months ago I got the $5 from two or three separate shipments.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 12tetris's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

Yes, this is correct... I mispoke (mistyped?).

It's not 100 at once, it's 100 within a month. Wouldn't matter how many shipments you did.... so long as the number of cards adds up to 100.

It says 46 items right now.... if you go the rest of the month without cashing in on that bonus, my understanding is that it will reset to 100.

Yeah I think it's a hundred a month. Its quite good if you happen to buy 100 cards.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country

In a month, that would be very rare for me.

I will just let them sit there, until I hit 100 though. I probably got 2 shipments from them in 2015, and one in early 2016.

Yeah I think it's a hundred a month. Its quite good if you happen to buy 100 cards.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast