Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Can't wait for all the Clark/Matthews dual cards

Now these cards would be sweet! Even an insert would be nice.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Dont forget about jimmy vessey guys... I would put a paycheck down on the leafs stealing him, they hire his dad asa scout and drafted his brother.... Great year for the leafs to turn 100

SCF Rewards
    Country

yeah for sure, Vessey has said he wants to play for the Leafs.. I hope we get him too.. Lookout NHL the Leafs are back!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

So... a little birdie told me that George Laraque (I don't know why he would know) confirmed that Stamkos is going to Toronto.

Let's hope so, because that in combo with a crop of young talent PLUS the #1 pick is a great thing for Toronto and the hobby. Maybe I can finally cheer for the Leafs again if they start running the team as a hockey contender and not just a business.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

So... a little birdie told me that George Laraque (I don't know why he would know) confirmed that Stamkos is going to Toronto.

Let's hope so, because that in combo with a crop of young talent PLUS the #1 pick is a great thing for Toronto and the hobby. Maybe I can finally cheer for the Leafs again if they start running the team as a hockey contender and not just a business.

True story: Laraque started following me on Twitter about a month ago. No idea why. I've never really had much nice to say about him or his tenure in Montreal.

I don't think he's going to be the world-exclusive news breaker on this one. LOL
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Stamkos would be a great addition to the Leafs if we can afford him. I believe he does want to play for Toronto & be a home town hero.. Lets hope so cause I for one am so sick of losing. I have been a die-hard fan since the early 70's & other than 92-93 we haven't even been close. Its time to restore glory to Toronto & I also believe we have the right guys running the show now.. Go Leafs Go!!!

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Stamkos would be a great addition to the Leafs if we can afford him. I believe he does want to play for Toronto & be a home town hero.. Lets hope so cause I for one am so sick of losing. I have been a die-hard fan since the early 70's & other than 92-93 we haven't even been close. Its time to restore glory to Toronto & I also believe we have the right guys running the show now.. Go Leafs Go!!!

Same, I hope Stamkos comes here to Toronto. Now, there are plenty of other options for the guy obviously, there's no doubting that, it is a big league after all. But Toronto would be special. I haven't seen the Leafs really contend in the playoffs/reg. season since I was a young kid early 2000s. And I don't really count that shortened season for the Leafs, and that brutal collapse. I wanna see us seriously contend.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Stamkos is a hometown boy & would love nothing more than to be the guy to bring glory back to TO just like Shanny is... I believe Stamkos will be wearing the Leaf crest on his Jersey next year.. I know we probably wont win the Stanley cup right away but I will be content if we finish better than the Habs do & make the Playoffs lol.. My whole family are Habs fans & I have been eating crow for way too many years now. Time the shoe was on the other foot for a change...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spares_91's Items on eBay

First off I just wanna say...Been a diehard Leafs fan my entire life, and it felt amazing to actually see them WIN A THING!!!

Leafs have made huge progress in their rebuild in just 1 year! And getting Matthews is just the icing on the cake! Marlies dominated AHL all season and may even win the Calder Cup...Marner is Tearin it up in OHL...Reilly got 36 points as a defender on the worst team in the leauge...Lupul is hanging out on Robidas Island with Nathan Horton and Raffi Torres!... And now Auston Matthews! Everything management has done over the last year I have no problem with!.

Now the only thing that worries me and that's if the leafs go out and sign Stamkos. Now don't get me wrong Stamkos is a fantastic player and I'd love for him to be a Leaf...but He's gettin prolly no less than 10 million for probably like 8 years. By the time the likes of: nylander, marner, Matthews, Brown etc, hit their prime Stamkos is gonna be on the down of his career. And when it comes time for the young guys to get their payday the leafs will have to shed because of the contract.

I also don't Stamkos wants to go there. He wants to win now and he goes to the leafs, there's a good chance they're still gonna miss the playoffs... I can't see management making this move and thinking its the right call.
    Trade/Sale List- Hidden Content
    Main PC- Matthew's RC's, Sundin, Cards, 1/1's, Anything #'ed /100 or less
    Minor PC- Current Leaf RC's, Andy Hilbert, Pavel Brendl, CM Punk
    e-bay- Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    See 529mi's Items on eBay

yep, that good old salary cap will come into play.
    part of B's downfall, too many long term contracts, with some overpaymnent

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast