Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Does anyone know why the 1986 Fleer PSA 9 Jordan Sticker is exploding right now?

In a matter of a week, the card went from selling for $750 to selling for $2000+. Anybody have any idea why the sharp rise?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Rocksaysits420's Items on eBay

No but I wish I had one to sell. Is it just one or a bunch selling for that amount

SCF Rewards
    Country

LOL I was going to ask that same question! :p The PSA 10's are going at the 7.5k-10k range too and PSA 8's at $400-$500, even the 7's are almost $200!! Supply, demand? Maybe the PSA 10's are just not affordable to the average Registry collector and there's a mad scramble for Mint 9's, my opinion. Even the 9 qualifiers are going nuts, this hobby always amazes me.
    Last edited by fleerNachos; 05-02-2016 at 01:55 PM. Reason: Add content about PSA 10's

SCF Rewards
    Country

No but I wish I had one to sell. Is it just one or a bunch selling for that amount

There's definitely a trend, the last 5 listings sold on average is ~$1800. There are 7 ongoing auctions right now of at least $1,600 with a peak value of $2,325. Holy smokes!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jmmintz's Items on eBay

Maybe it's got something to do with the stupid prices people were buying up Topps base Curry rookies a few weeks back. People realized that those prices were going up, and that Curry is not Michael Jordan, and then started picking up the MJs to a point that it affected market price.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I made out on the sticker for sure. Bought the PSA 9 MJ for $150 about 5 years ago. Unfortunately, waited way too long and eventually had to pay 4K for the MJ base RC PSA 9. Should've bought it for 1K 5 years ago. Oh well.

PS - It's definitely a trend. They're all finishing in the $1750-2300 range. Friggin crazy. How the heck does it spike 1000-1500 in a week?!?!

SCF Rewards
    Country

I made out on the sticker for sure. Bought the PSA 9 MJ for $150 about 5 years ago. Unfortunately, waited way too long and eventually had to pay 4K for the MJ base RC PSA 9. Should've bought it for 1K 5 years ago. Oh well.

PS - It's definitely a trend. They're all finishing in the $1750-2300 range. Friggin crazy. How the heck does it spike 1000-1500 in a week?!?!

My first concern is shill bidding/buying hope it's not the case, I definitely will keep eye on these trends.

I think in a year your MJ base RC 9 will be 6k-6.5k conservatively :)
    Last edited by fleerNachos; 05-02-2016 at 03:30 PM. Reason: MJ base RC

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jmmintz's Items on eBay

I still don't think a 200% spike on a $800 card is nearly as crazy as $30 Curry rookies going to $400+, which is a thousand percent jump, and it happened in nearly the same time. One or two collectors start throwing money around and everyone jumps on board.

I'd say the market will correct itself, but it's the GOAT, so it may not in this case.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Wish I kept both the graded and ungraded one which I had to sell off

BANNED

Blog Entries
    Country
    Houston Astros LSU Tigers
    See cademinton's Items on eBay Instagram: Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale

Insane jump!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast