Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Student Getting Out of the Hobby Quesion

Hi everyone,

I haven't been on this forum for a while now, so I am not sure if a post like this is still allowed, but if its not i'm sorry in advance;

I have been collecting cards from years 2006-2015 and have since gathered a nice collection with the likes of many young guns all the way to ice rookies, ultimate rookies and even a few 1/1's.

With school taking up much of my time and money, I have a hard time keeping up with new collections and getting involved with trades and sales which has hindered me from partaking in the hobby as a whole for the past couple of years. My question to you would be, how is the best way to sell these cards as a whole or even as singles? Of course selling them on a great forum like this will be a good idea, but with limited time it's hard for me to sell them individually. I have tried selling locally (located in Montreal) but the people I have spoken to, for the most part, are trying to get these cards for a steal of a price and with a love for the cards I would like to get at least fair market value or slightly less for them.

Do any of you have ideas or experience with getting out of the hobby or needing to sell cards without the necessary amount of time?

Edit** if there is anyone in the MTL area who is good with ebay and also forum sites and would like to move them for me for a percentage please message me

Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated, Pm's also work:)

Thanks and happy trading!
    Matt
    Last edited by MTLcards; 05-02-2016 at 07:23 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

If you want fair market value I would skip here and go right to Ebay. Take a little time and search sold listings on what you have and then you will get a good feel of what you can and cannot get for the cards. Or you can always put them away for the future. Just from a personal take I have stopped collecting except for 1 or 2 players and seems Ebay is the only place that my cards sell. SCF and other Facebook sites are very time consuming with little traffic.Hope that helps.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

Im just like you I have hardly made any deals this past year due to school. I considered selling almost everything too but I didn't. I would recommend that you just sell everything that you don't want and keep only the cards that you like that way you wont regret it later. Ebay is the best way to go but SCF is good too because its easier. I would sell here first and whatever doesn't sell go to ebay. Singles is the best value but most time consuming as well.
    Flickr: Hidden Content

Looking for Penguins, HOF Autos, Vintage Memorabilia. Aswell as any Guentzel and Murray Rookie Autos, Top Player Autos and Always looking for Decent Young Guns

SCF Rewards
    Country

I will purchase any Curtis Joseph cards you may have in Canadian funds if the price is right.. Thanks
    James

SCF Rewards
    Country

I am debating on Ebay, but my rating isn't very high i only have about 20 feedback..

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See sjw241's Items on eBay

PM sent

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sorry to hear you are getting out of collecting.