Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Defaultlie's Items on eBay

Upper Deck replacement. What do you think?

Hello all,
    Not too long ago, I pulled this Gretzky/McDavid dual signature pucks auto out of this years Trilogy:

The auto on the McDavid was pretty badly smudged, so I sent it back to UD. Yesterday I received the replacement. While I got a couple nice cards, I'm less than thrilled with the value of the replacement:

15-16 Upper Deck II Connor McDavid Red border OPC RC

And this

15-16 Black Diamond Connor McDavid Rookie booklets dual patch auto /25

Both are nice cards and I'm not TOTALLY disappointed, but feel like UD shorted me about $150 or so in value and gave me two cards instead of one.

I already have reached out to UD to see how they came to their decision to see if I could reason with them that maybe I got short changed a bit, but wanted to see what you all thought as well. Thanks for the look and your comments.

**UPDATE**
    Upper Deck just emailed me back saying they shorted me about $80 in "BV", and said they would have something out to me shortly to make up the difference. I'm confident that will take care of the gap and I'm happy they worked with me on getting it resolved quickly.
    Last edited by TheIronHorse4; 05-18-2016 at 03:33 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See thorni2's Items on eBay

I think you won in sell value, congrats!

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think you won in sell value, congrats!

Really? Everything I could find has me behind in sale value. Maybe I missed some sales or overvalued the Gretzky? Thanks for your input!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jffoland's Items on eBay

I think you got short changed a little, the dual on card Gretzky/mcdavid is going to hold its value for longer than the booklet. As more mcdavid game used pieces come out, it won't be as sought after..... But than dual sure will!

SCF Rewards
    Country

If it was McDavid only I would say hey you came out just slightly behind but with a Gretzky/McDavid combo, yeah, way behind.

Though how many Gretzky/McDavid dual pucks were made?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See thorni2's Items on eBay

I think you got short changed a little, the dual on card Gretzky/mcdavid is going to hold its value for longer than the booklet. As more mcdavid game used pieces come out, it won't be as sought after..... But than dual sure will!

Last McDavid/Gretzky dual sold for $555 and the booklet hasn't sold under $600.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

Here's the thing. Its not UDs fault the Auto is smudged. McDavid did that. So your options were to keep a smudged auto which will be slightly less valued or replace it. Without doing my research and if what Thorni is saying then I think you should be quite happy. That booklet is a beauty.
    Flickr: Hidden Content

Looking for Penguins, HOF Autos, Vintage Memorabilia. Aswell as any Guentzel and Murray Rookie Autos, Top Player Autos and Always looking for Decent Young Guns

SCF Rewards
    Country

Last McDavid/Gretzky dual sold for $555 and the booklet hasn't sold under $600.

I haven't seen any of the combo autos sell in quite a while, I couldn't even find a sale. also I'm pretty ure I've seen the booklet go for $540 a couple times.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Here's the thing. Its not UDs fault the Auto is smudged. McDavid did that. So your options were to keep a smudged auto which will be slightly less valued or replace it. Without doing my research and if what Thorni is saying then I think you should be quite happy. That booklet is a beauty.

I would strongly disagree on that. Upper Deck pays McDavid (and all of their athletes) to give them good clean signatures. It's not like he just has an ugly signature, because it is ALWAYS then an ugly signature and would be a whole different story. They are not paying him to smudge up his autographs. Not to mention, they certainly then shouldn't pass it along to their end product/customer. If Mcdavid gave a crisp auto on a hard signed card, but bent it in half, could upper deck then say "oh well Connor did that so really we don't owe him a fair replacement." No, that's ridiculous and would never fly. If you are paying good money for a box of cards, it should be free of all major defects. This isn't the same as a card grading out between a 9, 9.5 or a patch card with some minor dings....it's a huge smudge. Not accetable....period.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Also let me point out Upper Deck uses Beckett values as it's way of determining value. The value of the Gretzky/McDavid was $1,000 high, $700 low. The replacement cards were $950 high and $525 low. My problem is the low end of it, or the "real world" value. Sure, it's pretty close in terms of retail value, but ebay value I think there is a bit of a gap. This is using their methods as well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast