Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

What Are Your Thoughts on Achievement Cards?

I think that Achievement Cards (i.e. e-Pack's Code to Greatness #0, the OPC McDavid Redemption, etc.) are a largely untapped avenue for the hobby, and possibly a way to create value in products without more autograph and game-used memorabilia content. They're pretty cool when done right on e-Pack, and I would like to see something similar in physical releases.

I don't know how you go about verifying it or what parameters to use, but that would be sweet. Maybe take your UD1 YG set to your local Diamond Dealer, you both sign a form verifying and authenticating that the set is complete, and you get a cool blow-up card or exclusive randomly distributed card via a lottery program. I was talking with my LCS guy last night about this, and we also thought it would be a good idea to have it for a numbered set to ensure you don't get people just handing their set off to a friend to "redeem" as well.

It would entice people to actually start building sets and chasing inserts & parallels again!

What do you guys think?
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Wouldn't really be my cup of tea as a mostly team collector but I think it would be a good idea to add some interest to the hobby

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (22)
    Country
    See headsup's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I think it might work, but the logistics would definitely have to be worked out for sure. I'm not sure I can think of a better way than you've already outlined, but there are some smart people on the board that might come up with other ideas.

It's something they should be exploring, as set builders definitely help drive the industry as much as rookie collectors, team collectors, player collectors etc.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

I definitely think its a good idea as well. Its not something that would interest me (the return cards) but it definitely might make me want to try and complete a set or whatever for the "prize".
    Flickr: Hidden Content

Looking for Penguins, HOF Autos, Vintage Memorabilia. Aswell as any Guentzel and Murray Rookie Autos, Top Player Autos and Always looking for Decent Young Guns

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

If it starts to gather the urge to collect Inserts/Parallels and increase their value, then I'm game. That's the good part of the hobby. :) Maybe this would open the doors to expanded checklists, too. The same players over & over again can get old.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Blue Jays Toronto Maple Leafs
    See thehip_022's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

But what if you are like me ... On a sandbar with no diamond dealers and near 50$ toll bridge to get off said sand bar

But eh we got we class beaches

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think it works better as an e-option, as you're eliminating geographical barriers. I know that when I lived in Fort McMurray, for example, getting to a Diamond Dealer - or any dealer - meant a five-hour drive or trying to fit something in during a business trip to Edmonton or Calgary.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Same boat for me too, no Diamond Dealer near me either ...

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Score tried this back in the 90s. 94-95 Score.... mailed them back a team set of Golds (pack pulled) and they sent them back punched, and with a team set of platinum.

Later, there were golden blades parallels.... they could be sent back to Score for a Special Artists' Proof, and if you got your dealer to send it in for you, they would include a Dealer's Choice Artists' Proof.

I think both were pretty big flops.

UD has tried this with lives cards in the past. There was a prize, of some kind, to the first person (maybe 3??) to bring them a complete set of 2010-11 Upper Deck Anniversary Parallels got allstar game trips (or something like that??)

There's been "You Crash The Game" cards (UD) in the past, where if player scores a goal on the given date on your card, you could send it in for a complete set.

So they've done similar things in the past, but nothing quite the same.

Tying it to diamond dealers, that's tough..... lot of people out of range for them. If it's going to be redemptions, they can't do anything too crazy..... because if you're sending 1 or 2 cards backs to UD, that's easy, but sending 20 or 50? That's expensive.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Perhaps for the guys who don't have an LCS nearby they could send directly to UD.

I know that in the wake of e-Pack, Upper Deck is looking to improve ways to build relationships with their key shops, so that's what made me think of the store option.

I thought the McDavid OPC puzzle was a really cool thing this year--for about three weeks special decoy cards were going for pretty good money. And the card itself is very nice, as I briefly had a copy before shipping it back to a friend in Quebec who had redeemed for it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast