Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Pedroia15TheBest's IP Report 2016

Hey all,

Have been reading these for a while now, and figured no time is better than now to keep a log of what I have gotten done to this point in the year. I try to attend as many games as possible, and mainly graph the independent Atlantic League, when all of the teams come into town here on Long Island. Have done a bunch of games with a bunch of success already this season, but I will be starting this thread off with how I did last night, and I hope to keep on my game with updating it.

Last night, the Bridgeport Bluefish were the visitors, and it was game 2 of a 3 game set, the final being tonight. Anyway, to the autographs. I usually just throw a bunch of cards on a board, and ask them to sign whatever they want. If they sign one, great, if they sign 8, also great.

Ducks-
    Former minor league pitcher Mark Blackmar was in the pregame autograph booth. Did not need him on anything, so I headed down to try to get Bridgeport.

Bluefish-
    Jesse Litsch- 9/9, 3/3 (with help, gave one to the person who helped me)
    Josh Vitters- 2/8 (Always 2 per)
    Wilkin Ramirez- 3/4
    Endy Chavez- 3/8 (Usually signs anywhere from 2-4 items per)
    Dan Johnson- 1/3 (Always 1 per)

I apologize for the photo being sideways, I will try to figure out how to straighten that out.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Baltimore Orioles New York Jets New Jersey Devils

Thanks for the Bridgeport update. It is going to take me awhile on some players including Johnson.

Plus the way my Patriots are playing the last 2 weeks and Sugarland sweeping them you guys are sitting ready for 1st place. Patriots are horrible since going 13-0

SCF Rewards
    Country

Bridgeport will sign. Beaven ignored us all yesterday, trying again today. They're stucklers about their limits though. Only limit you may be able to push is Chavez. Patriots were tough on me when they were in town. May have to head up to Bridgewater

SCF Rewards
    Country

Another pretty decent night graphing this evening. Went to finish off whatever I could with Bridgeport, and cannot complain.

Bluefish-
    Rossmel Perez- 3/3
    Luis Rodriguez (former Minnesota Twin)- 1/1 on 2015 Bluefish team card
    Josh Vitters- 2/2, 2/2 (with help, one was given to person who helped me)
    Dan Johnson- 1/1
    Wilkin Ramirez- 1/1
    Blake Beavan- 1/1
    Jonathan Galvez- 1/2
    Endy Chavez- 3/5

Have a few goals for tomorrow when New Britain comes to town, including former Duck Jon Griffin, who once hit 4 HR in one minor league game, and HR's in 5 consecutive at bats in the minors.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Tonight marked the first night that the New Britain Bees came to Long Island as a team, and I was hoping to get as much done as I possibly could. They did not disappoint.

Anthony Hewitt- 8/8
    Jon Griffin- 8/8 (Gave 2 to fellow grapher), 1/1 on first ever Bees official scorecard with him on cover
    Kyle Simon- 1/1
    Greg Golson- 8/8
    Josh Outman- 8/8

Also managed to get 12 signatures in the Bees inaugural yearbook.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Great stuff! Will you be seeing the Bees again? I have a few Griffin cards I'd like to get done if you could do 50/50.

SCF Rewards
    Country

We had a doubleheader yesterday in which I was only able to make the first game, and we finished the series against the Bees today, capping off the homestand. Since I had finished almost all of my New Britain items on Friday, I figured yesterday afternoon would be a good time to work on a few different items for the Ducks. Here is how I did:

Ruben Gotay- Our newest Duck, and ex-MLB vet with the Mets, Royals and Braves- 6/6, 6/6- He was in the pregame autograph booth, and with no line, and light attendance, he was super accessible signing everything I had in the way of cards.
    Blake Tekotte- 5/8 pregame, as he was in a bit of a rush. Normally signs everything.
    Tyler Colvin- 3/9 on cards, taking care of one of each, skipping over duplicates, and 1/1 on an SGA bobblehead from his days in Chicago.
    Sean Burroughs- Former LLWS star, and 1st round pick to the Padres- 2/2 on 8x10 photos from the LLWS, and his appearance on The Late Show as a kid. For what its worth, he loved both pictures.

Was not able to take a photo of the haul from this afternoon, but it was good to take advantage of the full team 15 minute pregame autograph session. On top of starting and almost finishing my team yearbook for the Ducks, I was able to do the same with my annual scorecard project. As per the cards:

Todd Coffey- 4/4
    Jack Snodgrass- 4/4
    Blake Tekotte- 3/3, 7/7
    Tyler Colvin- 8/8, 9/9
    Sean Burroughs- 8/8, 9/9

Bees-

Jon Griffin- 1/1 (added in my team yearbook for the first season of the Bees)
    Greg Golson- 1/1 on a Yankees logo ball, right under the logo for display purposes

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    Baltimore Orioles New York Jets New Jersey Devils

Nice haul from the games. I am a Sean fan both as watching him play as he gives it his all and never slows down. Plus when he has the time he will sign everything. Last time he was in town I had a good conversation with him and asked him if he is going to retire and his reply was as long as they want he here or somewhere he will play. I have about 30 cards from one member on another site to finish off and I have about 20 of my own but I do not need them all signed. I hope he comes back just to keep watching him hustle and play the game.

Glad you were able to complete all the cards you have here

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nice haul from the games. I am a Sean fan both as watching him play as he gives it his all and never slows down. Plus when he has the time he will sign everything. Last time he was in town I had a good conversation with him and asked him if he is going to retire and his reply was as long as they want he here or somewhere he will play. I have about 30 cards from one member on another site to finish off and I have about 20 of my own but I do not need them all signed. I hope he comes back just to keep watching him hustle and play the game.

Glad you were able to complete all the cards you have here

Thanks a bunch! Sean is a great guy. Have had many conversations with him dating back to his days in Bridgeport, and he is usually willing to take the time for the fans. While we do not have as many characters as normal in Long Island, most of the guys are good to talk to, which is always a positive. It is very nice to be remembered by name by some of the guys who have seen so many faces over their time in the game. In due time, I am sure Sean will take care of everything for you, he is good like that.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Did not get to get photos before I put them away, but did not have a bad weekend with the Sugar Land Skeeters coming into town. Today looked like it was going to be a washout, so I decided to stay away from the game and focus on non baseball stuff. Did get to go to the Friday and Saturday games. Here is what was done:

Friday-

Kent Mathes- 1/4- Interesting to see he is one per, but that just means I will have to keep calling him to get all 4 done.
    Zech Zinicola- 1/1
    Jeremy Barfield- 1/1- Working on the 2014 THM set, this was a big one considering it is a short printed card. Did not know what to expect from him, considering how his dad and brother are about signing, so I just put the one I really wanted in front of him. He was super nice, and signed whatever people had. Made a note of this for Saturday.
    Jeffrey Dominguez- 2/2
    Gary Gaetti- 1/1
    Josh Prince- 2/2 8x10 photos from his days in the Brewers system

Saturday:

Kent Mathes- 1/3- Now down to 2 cards when he comes back. May order a TPD card on him so I can add another different card of his
    Jeremy Barfield- 5/5- Had a few Pro Debut and Bowman cards of his, and happy to get them done considering that he is apparently a hit or miss signer.
    Sean Gallagher- 8/8- Very nice surprise. In the few years he has been with the Skeeters, I have never encountered him, let alone ask him to sign. He got the win on Friday, and must have been feeling good, so he came out at the dugout, something I have never seen him do. Signed all 8 to my surprise, which I am very happy about
    Gary Gaetti- 8/8- As always, super nice guy. Had signed the first 6, had to exchange the lineup cards prior to the game, promised that he would come back to do the last 2, and true to his word, he did. Very stand up guy, and one of my favorites I have ever encountered.

Only disappointments come from the injured players not traveling. That list included Tyson Gillies, Brooks Conrad and Andy LaRoche.

Also, if anybody is wondering, I will definitely consider trading extras from my IP signings.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast