Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

What a steal of a deal for the Habs.. I know PK was a fan favorite but Weber is twice the player PK could ever hope to be. PK was a showboat who made too many mistakes trying to be flashy... It blows my mind that the Preds would even make this deal..

SCF Rewards
    Country

as a habs fan I feel sad that Subban is gone and I hope that Weber somehow will make the team better and more unified. I think that there must have been issues in the dressing room between Subban and some of his old teammates. Perhaps some of the players and coaches were jealous of Subban's popularity in the community.
    Sad day I hope this all works out somehow in the long run

SCF Rewards
    Country

as a habs fan I feel sad that Subban is gone and I hope that Weber somehow will make the team better and more unified. I think that there must have been issues in the dressing room between Subban and some of his old teammates. Perhaps some of the players and coaches were jealous of Subban's popularity in the community.
    Sad day I hope this all works out somehow in the long run

Good thing the GM in Washington isn't as stupid as the one in Montreal, otherwise with that logic #8 would have been long gone. Twenty years ago, you could make this deal but in a salary cap era, other then Mcdavid, there wouldn't be too many players that I would trade for that have 10-years left on their contract.

Don't be surprised if Nashville turns around and moves Subban to either Vancouver, Philadelphia or...........Edmonton. Subban simply makes too much money for a budget team like Nashville and I guarantee that the GM in Nashville would get allot more for Subban in a trade, then the clown in Montreal - his value has never been higher.

SCF Rewards
    Country

What a steal of a deal for the Habs.. I know PK was a fan favorite but Weber is twice the player PK could ever hope to be. PK was a showboat who made too many mistakes trying to be flashy... It blows my mind that the Preds would even make this deal..

Subban may make mistakes, but he's still far more valuable to a team than is Weber. Weber may have a big shot and lay some hits, but Subban is far better even in his own zone. Check out the possession comparison:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/p...diens-history/

The biggest problem for Subban is that, for whatever reason, people love to harp on his shortcomings far more than crediting him for his amazing play. I'm happy to see him getting another chance in a place where he may be better appreciated. Montreal is about two years away from some serious regret, as they will eventually have a huge albatross in the form of a late-30s d-man eating up a huge chunk of cap space.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Connexionhck (72)
    Country
    See thal_corbeil's Items on eBay Instagram:

I agree with everyone on here, true hockey fans who knows hockey. I'm listening to all the french tv analyst and journalist bashing P.K. Subban. One of the worst trades ever. I'm shocked.
    I collect game used and autographed cards of Beliveau, Lafleur and Maurice Richard. Can consider other nice Habs cards too.
    Flicker: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays NULL
    Twitter: @@TheJMCole See mikescards141's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

The real winner in this deal is the NHL, say what you want about the current crop of Hockey Players from Florida to Anaheim, there is no one better suited to be the face of the game in the American sunbelt as PK Subban. Charismatic and well spoken, driven to philanthropic endeavours and community service, PK is going to be loved in Nashville, and can help sell the game to a segment of the American population who like it or not don't watch hockey because it is a sport that they didn't grow up playing and does not have players who look like them.

I'm not going to lie, I love seeing PK leave Montreal, while some great PK fans are going to be hurt, and even though they are Habs fans I can feel for them. It is nice that the idiots who wear blackface, some misguided trying to show support, and others who did it to jeer Subban, are hopefully never going to break that crap out again.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Wow....didn't see this coming
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country

P.K., said it himself "where there is smoke there's fire" His teammates, especially the Captain, had plenty of opportunity to come out and say he was wanted in the dressing room. In any interview with other Habs players when asked about what Subban had just done, they all would say "That's just P.K." Hardly a ringing endorsement. Therefore, I think Montreal wanted him out of there and took an older player instead. Having said that, for those who believe that Subban is a much better player can you please explain to the rest of us why Babcock still hasn't added him to his Team Canada for this fall whereas Weber was one of the first named. Flashy is fun to watch but it doesn't win many hockey games.
    The want list at this link features what I need of Gretzky, Roy, Ottawa Senators, and Miscellaneous sets. I also have a CFL want list on my page and if you have nothing from it I will consider other traders of current Ottawa Senators,Guy Lafleur, + trade bait.

Wants - Hidden Content

Traders - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    See 529mi's Items on eBay

Montreal just got an older defenseman then what they had, a solid player and leader but one that has "10-years" left on his deal and traded-away their only "super-star" skater in the process - all to appease a coach that anyone can see the players don't like and a GM who wants to be the only star in the province of Quebec.

If I were a Habs fan, the only thing more painful than this trade, is that you are going to have to listen to that GM speak Frenglish in all of the upcoming press conferences. More painful then the days of having to listen to Esa Tikanen speak what players described as "Tikanese".

For all the Subban haters (and I'm not a fan of the guy one way or the other), here's betting that the guy still honors his pledge and dedication to the children's hospital. That is the kind of player/man that Montreal just booted out their door.

$10 million ?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Antonio Spurs
    Twitter: @pwskelly See pwskelly's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Thanks to the Habs, Edmonton made the 2nd worst trade of the day.

At least your GM made a hockey move, albeit overpaying for a right handed shot. I do think Larsson will develop into a top pairing defensemen, he has the pedigree and is already a workhorse.

Hidden Content

Collecting Mike Liut, Andrei Markov
    and Montréal Canadiens.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast