Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (48)
    Country
    Twitter: @HeroesofCrease See FanaticofTKD's Items on eBay Instagram:

Presenting a Red Wings Piece 25 Years in the Making...

Ifyou like goaltending, memorabilia and the preservation of the history of the greatgame of hockey, don't hesitate to "like" Bruce C. Goaltending Museumon Facebook.

Ourfinal new piece for the time being has finally arrived. Before I begin, I cannotstress enough how much I love adding pieces of unknown NHLers to thecollection. The storied journeys of fighting through adversity to make a shortstint in the NHL is stuff of gold, even greater in my eye than the stories ofthe greats. Anyways. I digress.

Bornon October 31, 1967 in Windsor, Ontario, David Anthony Gagnon was a stargoaltender for Colgate University of the ECAC. After a great 28-3-1 season withColgate and a trip to the Championship game in 1990, the Detroit Red Wings tooknotice and signed Gagnon for the 1990-91 season. In the span of that singleseason, he made his way from the ECHL to the AHL and then to the NHL. Gagnonwas one of six goaltenders utilized by the Red Wings at some point during thatseason. He made his NHL debut on January 25, 1991 against the St. Louis Bluesafter Tim Cheveldae surrendered seven goals. Gagnon fared slightly better inthat period stopping 16 of 18 shots in an eventual 9-4 defeat. His next gamecame on January 28, 1991 against New Jersey with Scott King backing him up inhis own NHL debut. With Cheveldae out with the flu, Gagnon was given the startin goal, however, he surrendered four goals on ten shots in about 15 minutes ofplay before King took over in the eventual 6-2 loss. Gagnon never played an NHLgame ever again. That year, he did win the playoff MVP award with the HamptonRoads Admirals of the ECHL after posting a 10-1 record with a 2.32GAA in theplayoffs and winning the Championship. In 1993-94, he once again was theplayoff MVP in the ECHL when he led the Toledo Storm to victory, posting a 12-2record. He played one full season in the IHL in 1995-96 before playing out theremainder of his career with the Roanoke Express of the ECHL from 1996-2001. Soall in all, Gagnon was a great goalie at the ECHL level, but just could not cutit at the higher levels.

Intwo career games, Gagnon posted an 0-1-0 record with a 10.29GAA and a 0.786%save average. He appeared in zero NHL playoff games.

Thesweater you are looking at right now is a 1990-91 Detroit Red Wings sweaterworn as a back-up by Dave Gagnon while on recall with the Detroit Red Wingssitting on the bench. While he never saw game action wearing this item, he didtake part in pre-game warmups and got the greatest seat in the house in the NHL.It has some staining throughout from an unknown source and is pretty much themain source of wear on it, as could be expected from a back-up only wornsweater.

Acquiredfrom: Classic Auctions

Datesof Game Use: Unknown

Photomatched:No

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Classic sweater. Another nice add, Bruce !
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See jackofalltradesLA's Items on eBay

Cool piece. I believe gagnon had a score rookie card and I never knew who he was

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nice Jersey!! A nice addition to the collection..