Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

2015-16 SP Authentic McDavid Future Watch cut too big?

I recently purchased a McDavid Future Watch auto. I received it in the mail today. It will NOT fit into a one touch holder. It appears to be too wide. When placing it up against another SPA card you can clearly see its larger (see photo below , the McDavid is the card underneath, you can clearly see its larger). Couple of questions:

1). Have you ever seen this before? And is there a one touch that would accommodate this card?

2). Would you return this card because of the issue?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

That is pretty unfortunate. I would maybe contact UD. Have you tried multiple one touches? Maybe you'll find one that has a little bit more room.

If you can, try and return it and use the money to find another McDavid FWA displayed in a one touch.

That's a tough spot, seeing as how this FWA is arguably THE card to have in this release.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yes. I tried 4 different ones. Both too wide and tall (at first I thought it was just too wide). I suppose I can email upper deck and see what they say.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I have the same problem, mine is cut too long and it won't fit into a One-Touch.

I currently have it in a top loader for now.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I have the same problem, mine is cut too long and it won't fit into a One-Touch.

I currently have it in a top loader for now.

this is a shame. I saw more then one on eBay that looked like it was cut with a dull spoon. How could their quality control be so poor for such a product? Just sent upper deck an email so we will see what they have to say.

Hobby Insider Boss

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Hobby Insider (204)
    Country
    See gomaz's Items on eBay

This happened to me with the 2005-06 Rookie Update dual auto with Corey Perry and whoever he was paired with. The card was a redemption and the only one from the set that was too big for a one-touch which was aggravating because I had the rest of the set in one-touches. I was always tempted to put it under a paper cutter myself but before I did that I decided to do away with the set and just kept the Cros and Ovie.

At least the McDavids will still fit in a PSA or BGS holders....probably.

SCF Rewards
    Country

At least the McDavids will still fit in a PSA or BGS holders....probably.

not sure I would want to submit this card seeing that it is cut like this.... Not sure how this would impact the grade

SCF Rewards
    Country

Happens more often than people think.

If getting graded, im pretty sure an extra mm or 2 on the height or width wont take marks off. All about the edge line not where the line is ( within reason of course ).

Don't think its on the seller either, if the card is mint its as described, you shouldn't be allowed to return he item because of this reason.

Had this happen to me on a few occasions.

- 06/07 Ultimate Auto Rookie Malkin /99 ( was too tall, decided to sell it because it annoyed me, have yet to replace it )
    - 97/98 Black Diamond Quad Rookie Luongo /50 ( is too wide, have to keep it until I find another reasonably priced one, which could take forever )

I also find that a few of my 02/03 Crown Royale Dual Patches are either too tall or too wide, just ended up putting these in 1 touches.

I guess one way you could try and get your money back from the seller is having it graded. If the card does not come back as MINT, and was listed as mint then you could have a case, but this seems like too much hassle.

If you don't like it, sell it and buy another
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

this is a shame. I saw more then one on eBay that looked like it was cut with a dull spoon. How could their quality control be so poor for such a product? Just sent upper deck an email so we will see what they have to say.

Mine wasn't cut perfectly either, there is some fraying on one side.

It came out of a pack, so I'm not as upset if I had purchase the card. It is going into my PC.

Let us know if UD comes back with anything, I would be interested to know if there's a fix for this (recut to the proper size? would that potentially damage the card more)

SCF Rewards
    Country

So I officially got a case opened. They have asked that I send the card in and they will either replace with exact card or a suitable replacement of equal or greater value. I've asked if the exact is not available to have the option of getting original back... But that isn't an option.

Im not sure I'm willing to roll the dice on this one. If thy don't have the exact card I fear that I will get something that is of no interest to me. What are your thoughts? The fact that this does not fit into a one touch bothers the crap outta me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast