Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

What should I do with my Early 90s Hockey & Baseball ?

Recently reunited with my sister and surprised me by bringing all my hockey and baseball cards from when I was younger.

Most of the cards were put into clear sheets and binders back in the day and the doubles kept in card boxes.

Wondering what to do with all these cards... looked on EBAY and see my cards start from $1.00 to $300.00 if graded.

I was thinking of grading the Pristine cards and selling them as individuals on EBAY or going down to my LCS and seeing if they'll make me an offer on the lot.

What do you think I should do with them?

I have discovered the following & more to come:

90-91 Donruss Baseball
    90 Skybox Basketball
    90 NBA Hoops Basketball
    91 Pro-Set Football
    91 Draft Picks Classic Hockey
    91-92 Upper Deck Baseball
    91-92 Upper Deck Hockey
    91 Pro-Set Hockey
    91 Score Hockey
    91 Topps Baseball
    91 Topps Hockey
    91-92 OPC Premier Hockey
    92 Fleer Baseball
    92 Topps Stadium Club Baseball
    92-93 Upper Deck Hockey
    92-93 Ultra Fleer Hockey
    93-94 Ultra Fleer Hockey
    93 OPC Premier Hockey
    93-94 Upper Deck Hockey
    1 unopened & 1 opened Box of Future Trends 72 Summit Series (The Bay)
    90 - 96 McDonalds Upper Deck Baseball
    90 - 96 McDonalds Upper Deck Hockey
    92-93 Denny's Upper Deck Baseball

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Oh there's a lot of cool things you can do with the overwhelming majority of the hockey cards: papier mache, Tim Carroll-style art collages, bonfire, gift to a person you don't really like. Possibilities are endless.

Sadly, there's maybe a couple dozen cards from that era that actually have a lot of value. You might see people LISTING those cards for $300, but I have grave doubts that you will find many people actually BUYING them for anything near that.

The Summit Series box has some potential if it yields an autograph--there's a Ken Dryden auto in there and because Dryden never signs it's a great card to potentially pull.

But the rest....yipes.

Your LCS will likely not make you much of an offer for them. They've probably got a bunch of that stuff sitting in their back room that they can't get rid of as it is.

Your best bet would be to comb through everything, find the key rookie cards and any short prints, and turf the rest.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Yeah, that stuff is really only "worth" the sentimental thoughts of the fun you had collecting it... or the remember of when that card worth about 50 cents today was worth $50.

None of that hockey stuff is very easy to move, because there aren't a lot of people looking for those sets anymore.

SCF Rewards
    Country

LMAO fair enough... i just remembered another cool thing, ill put the cards on my daughters bike tire.

I think i will open the Summit Series box and hope for an auto from Dryden.

Maybe ill pull all the rookies out like you mentioned and see what i can do with those.

Thanks for the advice :)

Oh there's a lot of cool things you can do with the overwhelming majority of the hockey cards: papier mache, Tim Carroll-style art collages, bonfire, gift to a person you don't really like. Possibilities are endless.

Sadly, there's maybe a couple dozen cards from that era that actually have a lot of value. You might see people LISTING those cards for $300, but I have grave doubts that you will find many people actually BUYING them for anything near that.

The Summit Series box has some potential if it yields an autograph--there's a Ken Dryden auto in there and because Dryden never signs it's a great card to potentially pull.

But the rest....yipes.

Your LCS will likely not make you much of an offer for them. They've probably got a bunch of that stuff sitting in their back room that they can't get rid of as it is.

Your best bet would be to comb through everything, find the key rookie cards and any short prints, and turf the rest.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Unfortunately my worth was waaay off back then. I remembered I traded away Mario Lemieux rookie card for 10 clear sheets..... to hold less than 5 cents value of cards LOL. I also turned down a Wayne Gretzky rookie card because i didnt like the look of old cards and only collected the current years. Man was i wrong.

Anyone else have those moments?

Thanks for the reply !

Thanks for the reply!

Yeah, that stuff is really only "worth" the sentimental thoughts of the fun you had collecting it... or the remember of when that card worth about 50 cents today was worth $50.

None of that hockey stuff is very easy to move, because there aren't a lot of people looking for those sets anymore.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Join the crowd. A lot of people collected and kept the cards from the 90s. I had boxes of cards from that era, mostly common cards of no value. I took all of them to my neighbourhood publlic school and talked to the principle there and asked him if he could use use them in some way. He said they would be great to use for the kids as little gifts for doing a good deed during the day.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    See 529mi's Items on eBay

Join the crowd. A lot of people collected and kept the cards from the 90s. I had boxes of cards from that era, mostly common cards of no value. I took all of them to my neighbourhood publlic school and talked to the principle there and asked him if he could use use them in some way. He said they would be great to use for the kids as little gifts for doing a good deed during the day.

That's a very good idea. I dropped many of my late 80's, early 90's baseball and hockey on the pediatric ward of local hospital

SCF Rewards
    Country

Kids that are in hospital, regardless of age, love hockey cards. Especially when they get ones that their parents talk about that were playing when then were kids

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

I still have my 90's cards. Good times when I was younger. I would say find the ones with sentimental value, or some value if resold, and see if you can donate the rest or something. Best of luck!
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Do you have a fireplace?

Cheers Mike