Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Maple Leafs
    Twitter: @Andy417 COMC Cards For Sale

Could anyone confirm whether or not the Pro Penmanship autos are on acetate?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

Could anyone confirm whether or not the Pro Penmanship autos are on acetate?

I pulled 3 of them today and they are on acetate or seems like it. I'm not exactly positive what acetate is though
    Flickr: Hidden Content

Looking for Penguins, HOF Autos, Vintage Memorabilia. Aswell as any Guentzel and Murray Rookie Autos, Top Player Autos and Always looking for Decent Young Guns

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I'm not exactly positive what acetate is though

Plastic

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (28)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs
    See anth-toop's Items on eBay

So they should just call it plastic, instead of making themselves sound important LOL

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Maple Leafs
    Twitter: @Andy417 COMC Cards For Sale

It's not just UD that calls it acetate. It's a form of plastic (like the sheets used on a projector. It's just like aluminum is a form of metal.

The reason why I was curious is because I have a personal preference of not collecting acetate cards. I find that autos can wear off over time from acetate. If you look at some up close, you may see some fine scratches to the auto. On the other hand, acetate autos look beautiful and if the card is in a one-touch the auto might not wear at all (I'm speculating).

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

They are definitely acetate for sure then.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

May sound stupid, and there probably aren't, but are there different 'types' or 'grades' of acetate plastic? Because of found some Ice Scripts autos (or any auto of acetate card) can be extremely faded, whereas other look perfectly fine. Could also be the sharpie used, how the card was displayed, etc. Not all acetate autos fade, or at lease when stored correctly the autos (just from my personal experience) look perfectly fine.

Others may have other acetate stories though.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Also has a lot to do with how each individual signs. Some guys write lighter and put less pressure on the pen, and those will usually fade quicker. How new (or old) the pen is will also have a lot do do with the quality of the auto.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I like the Pride of a Nation, Cup coronations, and the McDavid/Gretzky Dual..... BUT this is absolute highway robbery to call this a "high end" product!! Really, really sad! Ive seen a ton of this broken and feel bad for the guys in the breaks and especially for the guys that get 7 bucks in value for their $350 dollar box of cards!!! As a high end collector, I will speak my disaproval with this price-point by not spending a nickel on this product. NOT COOL UD!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

I like the Pride of a Nation, Cup coronations, and the McDavid/Gretzky Dual..... BUT this is absolute highway robbery to call this a "high end" product!! Really, really sad! Ive seen a ton of this broken and feel bad for the guys in the breaks and especially for the guys that get 7 bucks in value for their $350 dollar box of cards!!! As a high end collector, I will speak my disaproval with this price-point by not spending a nickel on this product. NOT COOL UD!!

Thats every high end product ...... has been for awhile =S
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast