Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Is this a glitch? 4 different 2013 #101/199 Playbook Auto RC booklets on eBay

I'm always on the lookout for cheap under $10 booklet cards and came across this on eBay. Some seller (with reputable feedback) has uploaded 4 different serial numbered Vatanen ayti RC booklets. They're all listed as 101/199 but how is that possible? Did he just hit the upload button 4 times or eBay glitched or something?

13 14 Panini Playbook Booklet Auto Rookie Jersey - Sami Vatanen # 101 /199 (A)

13 14 Panini Playbook Booklet Auto Rookie Jersey - Sami Vatanen # 101 /199 (B)

13 14 Panini Playbook Booklet Auto Rookie Jersey - Sami Vatanen # 101 /199 (C)

13 14 Panini Playbook Booklet Auto Rookie Jersey - Sami Vatanen # 101 /199 (D)

Also, as an aside, are booklet cards getting cheaper now? From what I can find, there were no proper ones with patches or autos made regularly before 2010 so are they just starting to become more common?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I believe #101 is the card number in the set, they are not all 101/199 .... they are #101 in the set, and the card is numbered /199

Booklets were very rarely used in hockey cards before Panini came into the mix .... though UD did use them as super crazy hits during the early 2000s
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See sjw241's Items on eBay

What canucksfan said above is correct. It is card 101 in the set. That is explained in the description of the item.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

They're becoming really common..... but the first ones I remember were 4 panel ones in 2008 UD Black.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Phoenix Coyotes Buffalo Sabres Tampa Bay Rays
    See hunngarr's Items on eBay

While they may have 4 different items for sale, they use 1 picture for all of them. I wouldn't touch any of them if they are using what is really a stock photo.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Just a bad listing.

Yes, booklets are getting stupid cheap. I picked up an Ultimate Auto Rookie Booklet of Zach Fucale yesterday for the whopper price of $12.50US. That's probably one of the better cards from the guy's case break, and that's all it goes for.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See yhzflyboy's Items on eBay

They're becoming really common..... but the first ones I remember were 4 panel ones in 2008 UD Black.

Booklet cards are a lot older than that. UD Playbooks were the first ones that I recall, I think they came out in 02/03. They were a hundred times better than what is released now. I think the Tanguay/Roy one that I had was numbered out of 14.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See yhzflyboy's Items on eBay

Just a bad listing.

Yes, booklets are getting stupid cheap. I picked up an Ultimate Auto Rookie Booklet of Zach Fucale yesterday for the whopper price of $12.50US. That's probably one of the better cards from the guy's case break, and that's all it goes for.

I avoid them because they are difficult to store properly, unless they are closed and put in like a 360pt one touch, or a snap tite case.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I avoid them because they are difficult to store properly, unless they are closed and put in like a 360pt one touch, or a snap tite case.

I buy them almost because of the opposite lol, they're easy to display because they stand upright and look nice (the rest of my cards are always tucked away in binders or boxes). I should add that I just try to buy cheap ones under $10 on eBay and don't bother with cases for them.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Phoenix Coyotes Buffalo Sabres Tampa Bay Rays
    See hunngarr's Items on eBay

I only have 1 booklet and it is from 2010 Topps 206 baseball. It is a mini booklet, so opened it fits into a standard 9 pocket page no problem.