Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Tips on handling a whale! Connor McDavid 1/1 Ultimate Collection NHL Shield Auto

My buddy just pulled this on an epack this weekend. Where both through the moon. It could be the biggest pull we ever get collectively. What do you think the card is worth? What do you think the best way of handling the transport of it? I told him to call Upper Deck and get it sent off for grading immediately. Then possible fly down there to pick it up in person. Do you think they will do anything special for him?

Attached Images Attached Images

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 06vq350z's Items on eBay

Beauty card! You don't contact upper deck to grade cards. To be more safe I would just take the card and make travel plans to Dallas TX and grade at Beckett on site. Usually takes about 30 minutes. Thats what I did a few months back lol. Canada Post only covers a maximum of $5000 if lost or stolen.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See EmpireHockey's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

why take the chance of any of that when you can just list it through COMC directly over eBay....sure they get a cut, but why bother with a grading process and shipping....cash out and move on!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (139)
    Country
    See adamslogikcards's Items on eBay

I was under the impression that the McDavid Auto/Shield RC was only going to be packed out in hobby, but now I've seen 2 on epack.

Congrats by the way, pull of multiple lifetimes.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 06vq350z's Items on eBay

Honestly too many people are saying stuff like "I don't think thats gonna grade high because of that corner/edges so this is what I'll offer" Buyers will always try to get a bargain of any cards. Graded cards proves its condition.

why take the chance of any of that when you can just list it through COMC directly over eBay....sure they get a cut, but why bother with a grading process and shipping....cash out and move on!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ronfir's Items on eBay

Wow, two of the three shields of McDavid out of epack. Random selection by Upper Deck. Don't think So! Hobby stores get the shaft again.

Congrats on the pull amazing card for sure.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Incredible shield, congratulations!

And I believe only the true rookie shields were hobby exclusives. 3 shields total were released. The 2 others (Jumbo Materials Shield & 05-06 Ultimate shield) are not considered rookies I believe, so hence why they were allowed to be released and pulled on ePack.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, this is just what I've heard on the issue.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

With a card that huge, even a BGS 9.0 will significantly increase the value you would get on the market. With super high end stuff, it almost always pays to get it graded. Just like it never pays to get cheap garbage graded.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ari4l2010's Items on eBay

Getting the card graded isn't going to increase the value of the card unless it comes back a 9.5 or 10. It's already a 1/1 so it's not like people will wait for the next one. They will go after it regardless unless it's in horrible condition which this card is not. I would get it RAW Reviewed at a show and see what it comes out as. Anything less than a 9.5 and I would just snip it out and leave it in a 1 touch. All cards are expected to be NM-M which equals an 8-9 anyways. Just my 2 cents and I grade cards quite often.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Getting the card graded isn't going to increase the value of the card unless it comes back a 9.5 or 10. It's already a 1/1 so it's not like people will wait for the next one. They will go after it regardless unless it's in horrible condition which this card is not. I would get it RAW Reviewed at a show and see what it comes out as. Anything less than a 9.5 and I would just snip it out and leave it in a 1 touch. All cards are expected to be NM-M which equals an 8-9 anyways. Just my 2 cents and I grade cards quite often.

I agree with this statement too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast