Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oakland Raiders Miami (FL) Hurricanes
    See Zuback's Items on eBay

1979-80 OPC Gretzky Rookie - Question on getting a graded one?

Looking at feedback from everyone on obtaining a 1979-80 OPC Gretzky RC.

When looking at one - which I buy that is already graded. I am wanting to know which grading company I should look at? I see PSA, Beckett and KSA when I look on Ebay. I know that KSA is the Canadian option that we, but like the PSA and Beckett, I have heard of varying options when it comes to having or buying graded cards. To me it is like evaluating a clients portfolio or real estate, etc. It is based on that persons opinion in a given day and what they see and are looking for.

I would like to get at an 8 as this is what the Mario RC I have is. But, have heard that a 9 normally means the condition from the pack.

Let me know your thoughts so that I can determine what to go with or if you know of people on this site who are good references to talk with let me know also.

Thanks.

Tony

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mr2latino's Items on eBay

Stick with PSA, trust me on this.

in regards to the actual grade, yes, "9" means Mint. Most modern cards, 1990+, that is the expected condition straight out of the pack. However be prepared to pay a premium for PSA 9 cards that are older (mostly RCs). I haven't looked at Grezky prices in a few months but from what I remember, a mint copy will run around $30K. An 8 is around $4Kish.

edit: prices in USD