Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 81516171819202128 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @kin_kinsley See wvu_class_of_2001's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

this!!!

hey everyone, i have a small suggestion. If you go into the chat and ask for trades, do not simply say "looking for so-and-so" or "trading compendium for so-and-so" if you are holding cards for a redemption/set etc. I can't tell you how many times i have sent a trade offer, only to be declined with the person saying, "sorry, i am saving one of each card for the set." if you are doing that, lock the card(s), so traders can't see it. You'll save yourself, and lots of other traders, a lot of time.

Now if you are pcing a guy, you aren't going to want to have to keep locking each and every card you trade for. You are making trades all the time, and you can't remember which ones are locked or not. Also, locking cards reduces the number seen as available, so you could increase the "asking price" for your card. I understand that. But if you are holding one of each card to redeem for the set, you have to keep it in your possession until next fall. So just go ahead and lock it to save everyone a lot of confusion.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I agree with the idea, but UD makes that really hard. It's a lot of work to lock all those cards. The screens don't let you do it all quickly.

Hey everyone, I have a small suggestion. If you go into the Chat and ask for trades, do NOT simply say "looking for so-and-so" or "trading Compendium for so-and-so" if you are holding cards for a redemption/set etc. I can't tell you how many times I have sent a trade offer, only to be declined with the person saying, "Sorry, I am saving one of each card for the set." If you are doing that, LOCK the card(s), so traders can't see it. You'll save yourself, and lots of other traders, a lot of time.

Now if you are PCing a guy, you aren't going to want to have to keep locking each and every card you trade for. You are making trades all the time, and you can't remember which ones are locked or not. Also, locking cards reduces the number seen as available, so you could increase the "asking price" for your card. I understand that. But if you are holding one of each card to redeem for the set, you have to keep it in your possession until next Fall. So just go ahead and Lock it to save everyone a lot of confusion.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Too much. But it is getting harder because you basically have the people that have been there from the beginning and you've already seen what they have, and then there are the newbies who come on and never check trades.

It is amazing how differently people value their cards on there. I sent out 10 trades the other day -- the exact same offer to 10 different people. Three Accepted, five expired, and two Declined, including the guy who laughed and said my offer was a joke.

This^^^^

I get that a lot of people are on there trading, trying to build a larger inventory.... it can almost be like "mining" cards.

If someone gives me 10 I want, and I send them back 11 I don't want, I don't have a problem with that.

Someone wants a premium for their Stars? Okay. Makes sense. The rookies? I understand that too.

I want to collect a scrub player off the Oilers, and you expect me to either give you 2:1 or a Star for your common? Forget it.

I don't understand why some people think their cards are somehow worth more than everyone else's.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @kin_kinsley See wvu_class_of_2001's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I still absolutely love ePack, but it's certainly an interesting case study.

In this case, it's probably a combination of supply/demand economics and what others are willing to pay. If you're not willing to give two, but someone else is, it's smarter to hold off and make the trade for two. Right, wrong or indifferent, it's just reality.

I feel like I've helped out a lot of fellow collectors on ePack. But at the same time, I don't make trades just to make them. Some folks make me offers for cards, but the cards aren't anything that I have a use for. A trade really should work out for both parties. An example is someone sending a trade asking for 10 Oilers or Canadiens cards, and offering me 10 Coyotes or Ducks (that I have no use for) in return. Why in the world would I clear out that many cards of an in-demand team without getting something I need or want in return? It's no different than trading physical cards. Sure, you may want a McDavid that I have up for trade on SCF, but if you don't have something I desire in return, I'm not going to trade just to trade. It's not a big deal, it just comes along with the territory of our hobby.

It doesn't upset me or anything, just makes me laugh. I typically counter for cards on my wish list (which they should have looked at anyway) and most of the time that offer is denied. That's fine, I understand.

It's also just a product of not many new packs being opened and MOST have accomplished their trading goals. I'm not making as many trades, but the ones that I am making all move me toward an end goal. It should be that way for both parties involved.

This^^^^

I get that a lot of people are on there trading, trying to build a larger inventory.... it can almost be like "mining" cards.

If someone gives me 10 I want, and I send them back 11 I don't want, I don't have a problem with that.

Someone wants a premium for their Stars? Okay. Makes sense. The rookies? I understand that too.

I want to collect a scrub player off the Oilers, and you expect me to either give you 2:1 or a Star for your common? Forget it.

I don't understand why some people think their cards are somehow worth more than everyone else's.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I agree with the idea, but UD makes that really hard. It's a lot of work to lock all those cards. The screens don't let you do it all quickly.

Its a bit easier if youre collecting a team. You can filter down all unlocked cards to a certain team & certain product and then click lock all
    Trading for Steelers,Penguins,Pirates and Michigan players in Michigan uni

Hidden Content

Thanks to the USPS Shipping only to US addresses.

Shipping done on Saturdays no matter when the trade is confirmed

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm late to the party. If anybody needs anything I have some base available.

have 1 oiler - Leon Draisaitl
    have a couple of rookies - Mantha and kuhnhackl

Username: Atruong

Looking for flames in return if possible, but will take other teams if it helps you out. Just mention that you're from SCF
    Last edited by atruong317; 01-06-2017 at 11:10 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Yeah, I agree it can be. But it only has to be done once. And if one person is asking for a card, chances are other people may ask for it later (except for that one weird Curtis McKenzie collector... ) But there is nothing more frustrating than the jackoff that says in chat, "all my cards are for trade," then you spend your time creating an offer, and he comes back and says, "Sorry, I am only trading my dupes" or something to that affect.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Just joined the epack site and started today, confusing but fun. ilovecards is my name there :)

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

The other day, I offered an Oilers fan a Draisaitl for his Crosby. He wrote me back a nasty little comment and BLOCKED me. You'd think as an Oilers fan he would know that is the most accumulated card on the site. I can understand him declining the trade, but to get nasty and BLOCK me for one trade, that was a bit overblown. Maybe it was past his bedtime on a school night or something.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Vegas Golden Knights Seattle Mariners
    See wildwolf76's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I'm Hodja223 there as well. I'm just getting started with Epack.

I'm going for Sebastian Aho (Not in series one) and Pavel Zacha in 16-17 Compendium.

Thanks, Steve

Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 81516171819202128 ... LastLast