Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

2000-01 Fleer Futures - sweet box!

Here's one of those early 2000s Fleer products that not many people remember or care about anymore -- but I actually kind of liked this one because of the front base design (circle pictures with good action shots) and texture, which is like sparkly sandpaper (I'm autistic and love touching certain kinds of textures, so this is a cool thing for me, lol).

This turned out to be an excellent box for what you can get from this product.

For those unfamiliar, the hits are the Autographics On Location cards, which come at one in every 14 to 15 boxes (1:400+ pack odds). They are VERY difficult to find on eBay; book values for the Dirk go triple digits, and even the more common players can fetch around $20.

Well, I actually got one, and I got B-Diddy!

I was shocked and delighted. I was hoping to get one, but realistically, I knew chances were low -- so this was really exciting. Turns out he's one of the better ones to pull from the set, too -- though rare pulls, the checklist was admittedly a little weak (Dirk is the only Hall of Fame level player you can get).

The rest of the box was pretty good, too. The 2000 draft class was embarrassingly bad, so I won't get into the Rookie Evens and Odds that I pulled (I'll probably just end up putting together the set, including rookies), but here are the inserts and numbered parallels I got:

The Duncan Characteristics and Iverson Hot Commodities have pretty nice designs. The Question Air cards are less interesting, but I learned a hilarious bit of trivia that Stromile Swift would have been a professional wrestler if he hadn't been an NBA player. Given what a bust he turned out to be, maybe he should have done wrestling instead. Fizer is rookie black gold /500 while the other base parallels are veteran copper /750.

A very fun break for the quirky collector.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I remember this because it had a Dan Majerle autograph for the on location set. It was his first from a major release and even though he was pictured on the Heat if I recall that correctly it sold for $75-$100 on eBay around the time it came out. Tried to bid on that to win it many many many times and never did. Now I'm really glad I never did win any of those auctions since he has plenty of autographs on the Suns now that are cheap.

Congrats on the pull and thanks for posting this.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Thanks! Yeah, the Majerle still books close to triple digits because of that history. It's the second most valuable auto in the set for book value, above even Vince Carter's, and second to Dirk's.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See joebobjingo's Items on eBay

That's one of my favorite early 2000's products, with the glittery card fronts, and surprisingly blasters of it aren't all that hard to come by. I have some base cards somewhere if you're looking to put the set together. I would have myself but I got loads of others projects/collections going on, and like you said, that draft class was embarrassing. Super lucky on that Baron pull; nice job.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Thanks! I am looking to put together the set, though after a purchase at Sportlots, it's just RCs that I still need.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See joebobjingo's Items on eBay

Sorry, Khendra, I couldn't seem to locate any RC's. I have a nice little stack of base though.

Are those RC's numbered? /1999 maybe?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    20 connexionhck
    Country

Nice break, some really good looking cards. Congrats :D

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

The RCs weren't numbered.