Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Opinions on BGS/BCCG/KSA/GMA grading services and price estimates

Hey everyone!

Just looking for some experience and opinions on the grading services mentioned in the title. Basically looking for an idea of total amount being spent with shipping insurance etc ***for a canadian*** and whether or not it is worth it to go to KSA over the US companies. Obviously BGS is the way to go but I am looking for some cheaper options for lower BV cards and with the higher ends I will spend the extra for the BGS.

Happy Holidays!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

If you are in the Vancouver area we will be submitting to BGS at the end of January.

Ive personally done this 3 times with this group but they have done it basically quarterly for the last 3 - 4 years.

I believe it is somewhere between $12 - $15 per card ( depending if there is an auto ), which includes insurace / tracking / return shipping / the works.

It is a 1 month turn around.

Shoot me a PM if you need more info
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mr2latino's Items on eBay

I think what you need to ask yourself is why are you wanting to do this. Are you doing it to increase the value of the card? For protection? For the look?

IMO BGS (and PSA) are arguably the only 2 companies that provide value in terms of resale and investment. Even $12-$15/card can add up pretty quickly if you're just looking for extra protection.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See chris_brown2's Items on eBay

I think what you need to ask yourself is why are you wanting to do this. Are you doing it to increase the value of the card? For protection? For the look?

IMO BGS (and PSA) are arguably the only 2 companies that provide value in terms of resale and investment. Even $12-$15/card can add up pretty quickly if you're just looking for extra protection.

for me down the line ive got to seriously give this some thought for myself,for when my autograph projects get closer to some kind of completion

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks for the responses! Yeah it's a bit of both.

SCF Rewards
    Country

With out a doubt I would go with BGS or PSA as my first two options. Beckett will be at the Summit Show in Edmonton on April 22+23 taking submissions and doing raw card review. There is also usually a card shop or two in most big city's that do submissions for BGS and or PSA.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See seanw1940's Items on eBay

i would and do go with bgs. they are expensive if you want it right now, like turn around quickly but for value and protection, and look they are the best.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks to @canucksfan007 I have officially submitted my first 20 cards ever to BGS through a local group submission and saved me a ton!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See rzrz123's Items on eBay

BCCG is a joke, not sure why anyone uses it, same with GMA.
    PSA and BGS are the way to go.
    KSA I'm not sure, I believe people in Canada use them because of some issue with sending stuff to the USA. A Canadian can answer better.
    If I'm buying, and I see BCCG, or GMA or KSA, I'll only pay as much as an ungraded example would go for.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks to @canucksfan007 I have officially submitted my first 20 cards ever to BGS through a local group submission and saved me a ton!

I decided against sending anything this time. Was thinking about a Price Artifacts Rookie /50 and Tarasenko Contenders Auto Rookie but instead I bought Pokémon cards =P

Good luck with your 1st ever submission!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast