Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yes, IMO its best to just move on with a card valued so low.

Sure, the rookie auto patches are a big draw to most products that have them in it, but the big hit from your pack is by far the Sundin. In all honesty, the rookies are only the big hit if u hit a top guy, or when the product is brand new ..... right now everyone that wants that Lazar has that Lazar

No offense but that seems like poor advice, in this thread alone there is already someone interested in it if it was the right patch. Also, after this I don't particularly trust Upper Deck so until that actual Sundin card is in my hands it is not the best hit in the box. For all I know that could also come back as an error, I'm not giving them the benefit of the doubt anymore.
    Last edited by brainofjim; 12-27-2016 at 11:15 PM.

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

It's an unfortunate error for sure. I've got a couple cards in my PC that are clearly not right--there's a Carey Price jersey card with a black swatch on it, as an example. Things happen, when they put out literally thousands of memorabilia cards per year sometimes things get past QC that shouldn't. It's sadly long been their policy that they don't replace "older stock" products with quality control issues, though very disappointing that "Audrey" was so dismissive of the issue. If it's a guy that you don't collect or have any other attachment to, best thing is probably to throw it up on eBay or the Buy/Sell Forum here and see if you can get a sale based on the novelty of it, and get yourself something cool for the collection.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

No offense but that seems like poor advice, in this thread alone there is already someone interested in it if it was the right patch. Also, after this I don't particularly trust Upper Deck so until that actual Sundin card is in my hands it is not the best hit in the box. For all I know that could also come back as an error, I'm not giving them the benefit of the doubt anymore.

Advice is advice. It was what I would do, if this situation happened to me.

People have not given UD the benefit of the doubt for many years now. There are 1/1 Octo Patches, where the swatches are in the wrong windows, auto stickers that are put in the wrong spot or upside down. Sometimes UD doesnt even put the right picture of the player on the card. These types of errors happen a lot. Even if this error did not happen, you would still be smart to not trust the guarantee for memorabilia on the back of an Upper Deck card.

Also, with the Redemption, there are windows of time in which you have to redeem them. I think they usually give between 2 and 3 years. Does that mean your going to get the card? Absolutely not. Does this mean you will get said card if it is 1 day past its expiration ..... that answer is up in the air.

UD is a monopoly. Dont like it, dont buy cards. Thats what they think. They dont need to fix your problem, they dont care if you are unhappy with their service or product ..... you have no where else to go if you wish to be in this hobby. Its their way or the highway, no matter what any of us think right now
    *** Main PC - Roberto Luongo ***
    *** MOST WANTED - 12/13 PRIME COLORS "PATCH" ROBERTO LUONGO x/8 ***

Flickr ( not updated ) - Hidden Content
    Trade List - Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See seanw1940's Items on eBay

It's not so much about the value of the card to me, it's more about the fact that this card is "guaranteed" to have a patch worn by that player and Upper Deck is shrugging it off like it's not a big deal. That makes me question the authenticity of all of my memorabilia cards.

I once bought a Beaver Creek acoustic bass and there was something wrong with the neck of the guitar, I contacted the company and within a week I had a brand new bass no questions with no hassle. They said since it was a manufacturing error that it was their fault and they replaced it right away. That's how customer service should be, I get that mistakes happen but it was a mistake on their end... just own up to it and replace the card.

100% agree. it's not hard, messed up card, grab whatever out of the pile in the back and fire it off. i might be a little more understanding if we were still dealing with $1-2 dollar packs of cards but people we are talking about hundreds of dollars for a pack of cards!!!!!!, "oh Mr. Customer is there an issue with one of those extremely expensive cards!?!?!? let me fire you off an replacement right now!" any other response is just BS!! it doesn't have to be the same card since most are numbered nowadays but something, anything should be sent. if you have the package it came from with a receipt the only answer you should get is, it's on it's way.

Sean.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

Not Good !

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Connexionhck (72)
    Country
    See thal_corbeil's Items on eBay Instagram:

100% agree. it's not hard, messed up card, grab whatever out of the pile in the back and fire it off. i might be a little more understanding if we were still dealing with $1-2 dollar packs of cards but people we are talking about hundreds of dollars for a pack of cards!!!!!!, "oh Mr. Customer is there an issue with one of those extremely expensive cards!?!?!? let me fire you off an replacement right now!" any other response is just BS!! it doesn't have to be the same card since most are numbered nowadays but something, anything should be sent. if you have the package it came from with a receipt the only answer you should get is, it's on it's way.

Sean.

Totaly agree! We're talking about a 200-250 can $ box here. Poor customer service, ridiculous!
    I collect game used and autographed cards of Beliveau, Lafleur and Maurice Richard. Can consider other nice Habs cards too.
    Flicker: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thats unfortunate, good luck haha.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I haven't had the best of luck with their customer service in the past either, but if you feel its worth it to keep calling them back go for it, maybe you will eventually get someone willing to help you out.

You might be better off posting it up on ebay advertising it as an error and getting $20-25 for it, then turn around with that $20 and buy the Lazar Premier RPA with the $20 you got from the error card, that seems to be the average price they go for on that site.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

I haven't had the best of luck with their customer service in the past either, but if you feel its worth it to keep calling them back go for it, maybe you will eventually get someone willing to help you out.

You might be better off posting it up on ebay advertising it as an error and getting $20-25 for it, then turn around with that $20 and buy the Lazar Premier RPA with the $20 you got from the error card, that seems to be the average price they go for on that site.

I like this idea too. Plus the Premier RPA's look so awesome.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @https://twitter.com/MBarlow092 See lennoxmatt's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I'd keep on them based just on the reason that we as collectors need to hold UD responsible for their screw ups, otherwise they will keep happening

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123