Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Vintage TTM Question

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Baltimore Orioles Philadelphia Phillies

Vintage TTM Question

I have had great success due to this site with TTM, The question I have is do you ship vintage ttm request any different. I recently completed my 66 oriole team set and upgraded a lot of the cards which left me a lot of doubles and triples that I would like to send out for auto. But I just not sure if I should ship the same way as I would an 89 topps. Thank you in advance

SCF Rewards
    Country

With older players it's a roll of the dice. Despite my best efforts to protect cards, some of the older players won't or can't put cards back in the top loaders. Guessing it's tricky with arthritis or old age. One of the things I've started to do is cut a large V or square in the top loader. This way they can pull out most of the card to sign it without actually pulling it all out. I don't put them in penny sleeves, as I've seen those get signed instead. I send everything in a bubble mailer for added protection and an sase bubble mailer. Of course some players still just throw the card in the mailer and send it regardless.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Baltimore Orioles Philadelphia Phillies

Thank you for the response. I have never sent vintage but I will definitely try the v cut in the toploader and bubble mailer. Thank you again

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Yeah I got burned sending to an older player with a top loader. I sent to Gayle Sayers in a top holder along with the $25 fee. He signed the top loader. I sent a letter explaining the situation and requesting if he could please sign my card and I was told in no uncertain terms that it would cost me another $25. Hell Eli Manning also did the exact same thing last year but thank goodness I didn't send him any money. For the most part I send out protecting them in index cards and I also include a penny sleeve hoping that they will sign and send pack in the sleeve.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404