Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jffoland's Items on eBay

The Cup not selling well?

This is all from my small viewpoint as i dont know any true numbers. Does any one else think the cup hasnt been broken as much this year? Example, there have been 3 Mcdavid RPAs sell, and there is only 1 listed as of now. I know its a high priced card and there are other factors, but only 4/99 popped up? And my personal example, my PC lafleur. Of the cards /7, ive seen 2. /10 ive seen 1. /10 ive seen 2, and /3 ive seen 0. In years past most of his /5 /10's showed up within 2 months. I know others may have different experiences, but with all the hype around it, has it not been broken much?

BANNED

Country
    See Rustyisin65's Items on eBay

3 documented McDavid /99 sold on ebay...but direct pay on many more than this.
    I didnt think theyd sell this high. Makes me think its one hoarder who picked a buy price and is using it as a standard. I bet one guy is buying them all...likely Gordon in Ontario.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Connexionhck (72)
    Country
    See thal_corbeil's Items on eBay Instagram:

I was thinking this also. I'm also a Lafleur collector, didn't see a lot of his cards. Was looking to acquire a letter /7. Only seen one so far and sold pretty fast, maybe the member who posted this bought it, lol. I've only purchased the gold auto /12. The boxes sell for 900$ can, no wonder people aren't buying them, ridiculous!
    I collect game used and autographed cards of Beliveau, Lafleur and Maurice Richard. Can consider other nice Habs cards too.
    Flicker: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

It does feel like I've seen less Sedin singles hit the market... of the 4 tag cards (2 x/4 and 2 x/2) I've only seen a single copy of one. Only one copy of each twin's x/8 patch parallel has surfaced, and none of the Danny x/6 nameplates (though it's possible they did a 'hot tin' and stuffed the whole thing in one tin like in a previous year)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the home of the Daniel and Henrik Sedin Collection Hidden Content
    Most Wanted List
    14-15 Masterpieces Sawchuk Red Stick x/35, Barber Black Stick x/25
    Any Sedin 1/1 or game worn letter
    Any Lord Stanley's Mug 1/1

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I would suspect that a lot of people cracking the product are smart enough to not be listing much of it on eBay, where they would take a beating on sale prices and fees, for their higher-end cards. Don't forget that Cup Dynasty alone has cracked at least 117 cases of 15-16 Cup and he has hit a ton of those big /99 RC's and other cards. Many of those cards are remaining in his PC and will never see the likes of eBay. In all likelihood this is the case for many of the guys who are hitting the big rookies. If you want a more true representation, check out how many of the lower-end guys are being posted. Nobody is going to lose much sleep if their Zach Fucale sells for lower than they'd like, but you just don't put the biggest card in the last ten years and let it ride on eBay.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Connexionhck (72)
    Country
    See thal_corbeil's Items on eBay Instagram:

I would suspect that a lot of people cracking the product are smart enough to not be listing much of it on eBay, where they would take a beating on sale prices and fees, for their higher-end cards. Don't forget that Cup Dynasty alone has cracked at least 117 cases of 15-16 Cup and he has hit a ton of those big /99 RC's and other cards. Many of those cards are remaining in his PC and will never see the likes of eBay. In all likelihood this is the case for many of the guys who are hitting the big rookies. If you want a more true representation, check out how many of the lower-end guys are being posted. Nobody is going to lose much sleep if their Zach Fucale sells for lower than they'd like, but you just don't put the biggest card in the last ten years and let it ride on eBay.

Besides Mcdavid you will not get a big cash back on a 900$ box. I don't know what the point is on spending thousands on cases and keeping everything unless you're a multimillionaire and don't care!

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

That's what he is. LOL Some guys with huge $$$ buy fancy cars or art, some collect hockey cards.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See hyogbog's Items on eBay

It's also because many people go into breaks these days and if they get hits from their team they would likely keep it. If your an Ottawa fan, cracking open a case it makes no sense at all where joining a break does. You get your hits and likely have nothing left over to sell. I've seen around 25 Connor McDavid's pop up most were in breaks two were at my LCS one of which I hit in lucky tin #2.
    Last edited by Hyogbog; 01-15-2017 at 08:16 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Ottawa Senators
    See atmx093's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

My LCS is sitting on 2 cases and he says they are incredibly hard to sell. A lot of customers have inquired, but as soon as they hear the selling price they quickly look elsewhere.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Yeah, the obvious price factor this year is telling I think. Lots of people looking for something else to break, if anything. Big $$$ being thrown around for just one box.
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast