Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Red Deer Rebels PC

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kearl_Rob's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Red Deer Rebels PC

Hiya All

Love em or hate em, I am a Red Deer Rebels collector. I started when I was a 11-year-old boy when the first Rebels team sets came out in my home town. Over the years the Rebels have had their ups and downs... from Ryan Nugent-Hopkins to Brandon Sutter, from Cam Ward to Dion Phaneuf. I even managed to eat a Centrium hot dog (or two) over the years.

Here is where you can come and be a part of my journey. I have had a goal for a few years now (ever since a poorly timed cracked anke and a whole lot of trading on HI and Beckett back in the day) that it would be awesome to have a copy of every single Red Deer Rebels card printed to 5 or more. I have most... infract I am down to the last 100. I am also looking for any Red Deer Rebels patch (number or emblem) card, anything numbered under 10 and any 1/1 cards of the Rebels. There are a few Complete Logos out there (Brandon Sutter, Cam Ward, Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, Patrik Bartosak, to name a few)... I am looking for the rare stuff as well. I am not looking for NHL cards.

Can you help me?

Here is a list of what I am missing.

97/98 BowmanCHL Kos OPC XXX
    98/99 BowmanCHL McNeil Golden Anniversry /50
    BowmanCHL Peat Golden Anniversry /50
    Bowman CHL Chrome McNeil OPC Int. Refractor XXX
    Bowman CHL Chrome McNeil Golden Anniv. Refr /5
    Bowman CHL Chrome Peat OPC International XXX
    Bowman CHL Chrome Peat OPC Int. Refractor XXX
    Bowman CHL Chrome Peat Golden Anniv. Refr /5
    99/01 BowmanCHL Mapletoft Silver Auto XXX
    BowmanCHL Mapletoft Gold Auto XXX
    04/06 H&P Garnett Gold Net Prosp J /10
    05/06 H&P Phaneuf Yellow Auto XXX
    H&P Phaneuf/Robinson Dual Auto /15
    H&P Ward/Roy Gold Measuring UpJ /10
    06/07 H&P Phaneuf Gold Stick & Jersey /10
    07/08 H&P Sutter Rebels Auto XXX
    H&P Sutter/Sutter Gold Dual J /10
    H&P Sutter (3) Gold Trip J /10
    Superlative Sutter Gold Auto J /10
    08/09 H&P Sutter/Brule Gold Dual J /10
    H&P Sutter Gold J /10
    09/10 H&P RNH Complete J /9
    H&P Ferraro Gold Jersey /10
    H&P Feraro Auto Jersey /6
    H&P Ferraro Number /6
    H&P Ferraro Auto Number /6
    H&P Ferraro Emblem /6
    H&P Ferraro Auto Emblem /6
    H&P RNH Gold Jersey /10
    H&P RNH Number /6
    H&P RNH Emblem /6
    Superlative2 RNH Auto Emblem /9
    10/11 H&P Ferraro Number /6
    H&P Ferraro Auto Number /6
    H&P Ferraro Auto Emblem /6
    H&P RNH Gold Jersey /10
    H&P Class of 2011 "B" XXX
    H&P RNH/Messier Gold Dual J /10
    11/12 H&P Dumba (4) Gold Quad J /10
    Draft Prospects Fleury Plate /1
    14/15 Draft Prospects Bleackley Plate /1
    Game Used RNH (2) Silver Jersey /60
    15/16 Game Used RNH (2) Gold Jersey /30
    Game Used RNH (2) Silver Patch /15
    Game Used RNH (2) Gold Patch /5
    Game Used RNH (2) Plate /1
    Game Used RNH (3) Gold Jersey /20
    Game Used RNH (3) Holo-Silver Jersey /5
    Game Used RNH (3) Silver Patch /15
    Game Used RNH (3) Gold Patch /5
    Game Used RNH (3) Plate /1
    Game Used RNH (4) Gold Jersey /25
    Game Used RNH (4) Holo-Silver Jersey /5
    Game Used RNH (4) Silver Patch /15
    Game Used RNH (4) Gold Patch /10
    Game Used RNH (4) Plate /1
    Game Used RNH (8) Silver Jersey /45
    Game Used RNH (8) Gold Jersey /15
    Game Used RNH (8) Holo-Silver Jersey /5
    Game Used RNH (8) Plate /1
    Metal De Wit Green /5
    Metal Mahura Pink /10
    Metal Mahura Green /5
    Metal Pratt BASE XXX
    Metal Spacek Plate /1
    comc H&P De Wit Blue /10
    H&P Mahura BASE XXX
    H&P Mahura Green /10
    H&P Mahura Plate /1
    H&P Pratt Blue /10
    H&P Pratt Silver /5
    H&P Spacek BASE XXX
    H&P Spacek Silver /5
    H&P Mahura (8) Purple J /15
    H&P Mahura (8) Platinum J /10
    H&P Mahura (8) Silver J /5
    H&P Mahura (8) Bronze Patch /15
    H&P Mahura (8) Emerald Patch /10
    H&P Mahura (8) Purple Patch /5
    Genesis De Wit BASE XXX
    Genesis De Wit Green /35
    Genesis De Wit Purple /15
    Genesis De Wit Silver /5
    Genesis Mahura BASE XXX
    Genesis Mahura Purple /15
    Genesis Mahura Gray /10
    Genesis Mahura Plate /1
    Genesis Pratt BASE XXX
    Genesis Pratt Green /35
    Genesis Pratt Purple /15
    Genesis Pratt Silver /5
    Genesis Spacek Gray /10
    Genesis Spacek Silver /5
    Genesis Spacek Purple Patch /5
    Genesis Mahura Bronze Jersey /50
    Genesis Mahura Jersey Plate /1
    Genesis Mahura Auto Jersey Patch /5
    Genesis Mahura Green Auto Patch /5

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country

Also, question.... if you had only 1 copy I wouldn't expect that you'd want to move it (and unlikely you'd have 2, if you even have 1) but do you know anywhere / anyone who would have singles (or an entire set?) of:

2000-01 Red Deer Rebels Team Issue Autographs?? I'm looking for the Jim Vandermeer.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    CnC (21)
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Calgary Flames NULL
    Twitter: @@creasecollector Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack My traders on Flickr

Best of luck in your chase!
    Jhonas Enroth Card Collector & Host of the Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    View my Hidden Content | My Hidden Content | Complete Hidden Content | Card Blog Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Also, question.... if you had only 1 copy I wouldn't expect that you'd want to move it (and unlikely you'd have 2, if you even have 1) but do you know anywhere / anyone who would have singles (or an entire set?) of:

2000-01 Red Deer Rebels Team Issue Autographs?? I'm looking for the Jim Vandermeer.

Jim has three main feature team issued cards (98/99, 99/00 and 00/01) as well as a team photo card (98/99 and 99/00) in which he is pictured among other members of the anti-drug team.
    The card you mentioned was his last team issued card from 00/01 - the Memorial Cup winning year. This is an interesting case. Beckett notes that the team autograph set was limited to 100 copies. From what I can see, this was one of the first (if not the first) sets that records of announced print runs can be found. I don't know if the team released this information or where it came from. I have not seen any of the autographed sets from this year and can not tell you if they are different from any of the base cards found in the regular team sets. For all of the years that I know had Autograph sets, no differentiation (except the autograph) was made.

So I think this leaves you with one of three possibilities:

1) keep hunting for this card. If you find it, consider yourself lucky. Team issue is hard to find, and the auto sets are rarer than hen's teeth. When I get the chance to buy a Rebels team auto set, I am willing to pay more than they are worth simply because it is so rare to find them. That said, most go for between $10 and $25 per set.

2) Buy the single and send it to Jim to get autographed. The best way to get ahold of him is to contact him through twitter (@Jim_Vandermeer), or to contact him in Belfast, Ireland, through the Giants ([email protected]). You may also consider the Rebels Magazine as an autograph item as there was a good cover with Jim (99/00 Onside Magazine, Volume 5, Issue 1). There were also some program insert cards (8x10) that were made for Jim. I have them but I don't have scans right now.

3) Although I don't have one, I have noticed that when I do come across gluts of Rebels cards, often times there are multiple sets. You could wait until I get a second copy.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Rraincock; 01-21-2017 at 07:39 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ugh! So close. This is the regular set version of the OPC International. I am looking for the Chrome...

Oh parallels.

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks for the reply!

I should mention what my interest in that card is....

I collect all time Oilers autographs, and prefer certified autographs to TTM or IP ones (with a couple of exceptions, but that's not really important).

Anyway, for Vandermeer... I do have a signed card of his, and that fills the slot in my collection... but since there is a certified autograph in existence for him, I would like to add it (then ditch the other card) if I could. I do realize these sets are hard to track down. I've done it before with a Rimouski team set (took the card I wanted, sold the rest of the cards off cheap) and I just recently picked up a Quebec Citadels team set from the same era, where I'm doing the same thing... bought it for one card, will be happy to move out the rest.

So, tracking down an alternate really isn't important for me at this time, but if I could ever locate one of the 100 sets I'd happily pay in the $25 - $40 range, pull out the Vandermeer, then sell or trade the rest of the cards :)

Good luck tracking more down for your collection!

So I think this leaves you with one of three possibilities:

1) keep hunting for this card. If you find it, consider yourself lucky. Team issue is hard to find, and the auto sets are rarer than hen's teeth. When I get the chance to buy a Rebels team auto set, I am willing to pay more than they are worth simply because it is so rare to find them. That said, most go for between $10 and $25 per set.

2) Buy the single and send it to Jim to get autographed. The best way to get ahold of him is to contact him through twitter (@Jim_Vandermeer), or to contact him in Belfast, Ireland, through the Giants ([email protected]). You may also consider the Rebels Magazine as an autograph item as there was a good cover with Jim (99/00 Onside Magazine, Volume 5, Issue 1). There were also some program insert cards (8x10) that were made for Jim. I have them but I don't have scans right now.

3) Although I don't have one, I have noticed that when I do come across gluts of Rebels cards, often times there are multiple sets. You could wait until I get a second copy.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Anyway, for Vandermeer... since there is a certified autograph in existence for him, I would like to add it (then ditch the other card) if I could.

I have good news and bad news for ya.

The good news is that I am almost positive that these cards exist. I think they were given as a promo to season ticket holders. So likely most of the 100 sets are still out there... somewhere.

The bad news is that I have nothing in the history of the Rebels autograph sets that would lead me to believe that it would be certified. Simply the team gave each of the players a stack of cards and let them sign. The one single that I have seen from this set (allegedly from this set) had no numbering, no COA, and was signed in a black sharpie (poor contrast).

SO you may want to hold on to your Vandermeer auto that you already have. Perhaps the Belfast Giants have one of him that is COA autographed!