Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: F*ck ebay

SCF Rewards

ebay is screwy also people will try and get you in trouble for nothing

SCF Rewards
    Country

Originally posted by RickNashcollector
    ebay is screwy also people will try and get you in trouble for nothing

have you ever been to the ebay message boards, if you ever do it would prove your statement to be true and a fact. I always say if they spend as much time trying to grow their ebay business as much time trying to be the ebay police they would make a lot of more money.

not saying we don't need to be self-policing, but don't hide behind a user name, they all post with other ebay names than the one they use to buy and sell and with that said, it makes me a little bit suspicious of them. If I ever thought about reporting someone about something I thought was wrong or against the TOS, I would at least email them first and ask or tell them, that I think they are violating the TOS.

just me giving people the benefit of a doubt.

and some of those folks try to get the new people not to put reserves on their auctions, knowing they are going to try and snipe them and then they come back to the boards and say what a great snipe they had and at a wonderful bargain, they will keep saying if you have a reserve on a high dollar item, people will not bid on it, I find that simply not true, I believe you have to protect your investment and I am interested in it, I will put my max proxy bid in and if I win then great if I don't hit the reserve then that is great too.

See cfa10123's Items on eBay

Read the book "The Perfect Store" by Adam Cohen about eBay, it's a pretty good book.

Tim

tlw9191
    Originally posted by IggyWH
    I believe the best bet was what Brad said... they suspected fraud and suspended immediately. Now that since you got back to them and there was no fraud, they hooked you back up. ARe they going to credit your account for those auctions that were cancelled though?

Yeah they gave me my money back. They were only trades I had going through cardtarget, so it wasn't that much, but the people don't want to trade with me anymore.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See IggyWH's Items on eBay

Originally posted by tlw9191
    Yeah they gave me my money back. They were only trades I had going through cardtarget, so it wasn't that much, but the people don't want to trade with me anymore.

If you don't mind saying, what trades were they?

tlw9191
    One was Dunn 03 for 2 Mcnairs. I can't remember the other ones. I think I was getting some Butlers for some random crap cards I don't want. I have some extra Harrington's if you want to work something out. I seen you post it on the other board, but since my account was suspended it would have piontless to try to trade.

SCF Rewards

I will give credit to Ebay for that.

Any time one of my auctions is cancelled, they quickly give back all fees for listing them (including bold-face fees, buy-it-now fees, etc).

At least they don't try to gouge me of of a dollar here and there.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Originally posted by stkmtimo
    Read the book "The Perfect Store" by Adam Cohen about eBay, it's a pretty good book.

Tim

Could you summarize what the book was about?

I'm not a big book "reader" but I am interested to see what he has to say.
    Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

See cfa10123's Items on eBay

It is basically about the history of eBay and the many misconceptions surrounding it. For example, eBay was not started as a place to trade pez dispensers (it was to get the media interested), it was a small beta auction site that Omidyar set up out of boredom because he wanted extra money. I can post a better summary later. It's not really on the business aspect; more on the history of the company and it's leaders. It did leave the impression that Meg Whitman is in it all for money. But that's just what I thought.

Tim

SCF Rewards
    Country

Originally posted by stkmtimo
    It is basically about the history of eBay and the many misconceptions surrounding it. For example, eBay was not started as a place to trade pez dispensers (it was to get the media interested), it was a small beta auction site that Omidyar set up out of boredom because he wanted extra money. I can post a better summary later. It's not really on the business aspect; more on the history of the company and it's leaders. It did leave the impression that Meg Whitman is in it all for money. But that's just what I thought.

Tim

Thanks for summing it up. Might actually have to check out the book. Rarely do but this sounds interesting.

I've always heard that eBay was started as a place to trade Pez but never fully understood that reasoning.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast