Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings Detroit Tigers Michigan Wolverines

theproudestmonkey small town PO's are always making rules for themselves. The Ripley, MS. PO where I live will not let me get DC if I use Media Mail. However, I have contacts from other places where they will let them use DC with Media Mail.

-Lewis

SCF Rewards
    Country

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganMan
    theproudestmonkey small town PO's are always making rules for themselves. The Ripley, MS. PO where I live will not let me get DC if I use Media Mail. However, I have contacts from other places where they will let them use DC with Media Mail.

-Lewis

never used media mail in my life, so not aware of how that works....i just dont know how strict the PO is on the 3/4" rule....i know i have received mailers before with DC and not that thick...an empty bubble is barely 1/4 inch thick!! hell, its tough to stuff 1/2 an inch of cards into the #000s....1/2" is 8 toploaded cards!! i know, you can just fill them with papertowels, bubble wrap, etc....but 3/4" is still awefully thick for the #000 which most use for trades.

SCF Rewards
    Country

My post office just explained this to me! If its under 3/4 inch thick you can still use DC but they said you have to send it priority mail. If its over 3/4 inch thick and you use DC you can send it regular first class mail. I dont know if they are all like that, but thats what I was told by the PO here :)

SCF Rewards
    Country

Quote Originally Posted by corpsman312
    My post office just explained this to me! If its under 3/4 inch thick you can still use DC but they said you have to send it priority mail. If its over 3/4 inch thick and you use DC you can send it regular first class mail. I dont know if they are all like that, but thats what I was told by the PO here :)

yeah, that is the standard rule, im just not sure how strictly it is enforced!! i drive 65 mph in 55 zones past the coppers all the time and dont get pulled over....i jay walk constantly, but never been given a ticket....maybe its just one of the many perks of living in small town, USA!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12