Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See pittecufan's Items on eBay

Did you use the paypal delivery confirmation or the post office delivery confirmation? I have heard that the paypal DC is about useless as the post office does not scan it at all when it gets there. It is pretty much a scam for paypal to get more money. I have heard a lot of people getting screwed by it.
    Here is the general merchant account service center number
    1-888-221-1161

SCF Rewards
    Country

Got ahold of the idiots at paypal via email, and the dumb person I spoke with goes "You have no proof of delivery or shipping of this item. You could have paid .55 cents for the delivery confirmation and you would have won this case outright."

What are they doing? Are they THAT ignorant, that showing them the receipt, and the DC code arent proof? And that DC, isnt DC?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Probably minimum wage employees or maybe they outsourced there customer service to a country that it doesn't matter in. Good luck and keep us posted.

SCF Rewards
    Country

That is seriously, just about word for word though.

I honestly dont know if I can deal with such incompetence (SP?)

SCF Rewards
    Country

i have had some past problems with paypal, and dealing with them online is no help....the only way i could get anything resolved was on the phone....if you haven't called yet, i would do so.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jonobono34's Items on eBay

I know people who have these kind of problems with paypal as well, and for those reasons no longer use paypal. Usually when I sell stuff I instantly transfer it to my bank account. Some call it a cheap move, but when it comes to protecting myself from scammers, it makes all the difference. Besides, it just as easy to have nothing in paypal, and pay from the bank account through paypal, take an extra day tops.

SCF Rewards
    Country

JonoBono hit it right on the head .... when you sell something through paypal you HAVE to transfer that money out to your bank right away or spend it. If you have no money in your account paypal will do nothing for the person filing the claim. Yes some may say it's a cheap move but in your heart if you know you sent something out and it was delivered then you should have no qualms about protecting yourself.
    I never leave any more than 5 in my account at all times ... if you confirm your bank account you can do instant transfers just as easily as if you had the money in your paypal account.

Sucks that you are out the money but even more so out the card as well. I would do all you can to try and recoup that cash but can almost guarantee you won't get it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

thats not exactly true either....i know people (check out the millions of stories on paypalsucks.com) who have had there credit card / checking accounts drawn by paypal to get refunds!! bottom line is some people like it, some dont....alot of people say that they would never use it, but if you do online sales, what method is USUALLY more secure?? money orders dont provide enough proof of reception of payment and can be canceled before they are cashed....cash provides nothing.....and i have never received a personal check that DIDN'T bounce!! its just one of the problems when it comes to buying/selling online....alex's situation is an exception (very sorry man, please talk to them on the phone, i bet you can work this out man)....i have had 3 ebayers try and pull a scam with me saying that the items weren't sent and wanted their money back.....2 were sent with usps DC, and 1 of the idiots actually signed for their item....after a little bit of work, all cases were found to be in my favor.....just gotta do everything you can to protect yourself when buying/selling online....do your best to only deal with people you know, or people with a great feedback....lets face it, 100% feedback on the bay shouldn't be that hard to obtain....1 negative (if you are a veteran member) i can understand....things happen....but 2 or more is a problem....dont deal with newbies, etc.....if you want to deal online, this is just how it is.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Update here:
    Called, and they flip flopped as much as Kerry during election time.

They went from saying all they needed was proof of being sent, which I had, to proof of DELIVERY. Im gonna keep calling and telling them how it should be though.

SCF Rewards
    Country

so let me get this right alex....the DC tracking states that it hasn't been delivered?? how long has this been since shipment?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast