Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: 11 September

SCF Rewards
    Country

11 September

Today is the sixth year since September 11, 2001, when the World Trade Center and Pentagon were both hit by terrorist planes.

Do you remember where you were and what you were doing when this happened?

During September 11th I was in my 5th grade class.... All I remember is teachers telling us to get under our desks! (lol), Around the Detroit Area the Terrorist level was up. I did not know anything at first as they did not wnat us to know much about what was going on but i did learn soon enought what happened.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jsab4807's Items on eBay

I remember I was sitting in my 10th grade Biology class when the principal came over the intercom and told everyone to turn the TV's on in the rooms to the news...and my teacher absolutley broke down crying, and left to go home. Then I remember my mom texting me saying she didn't want me at school....so I GLADLY obliged, and drove over to her work.

Dispute Team Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Dallas Cowboys Pittsburgh Penguins New York Yankees
    See etmill01's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders

I was at home as it was my day off work, I had to make a trip to the post office to mail some packages and when I got to the post office it was closed and there were police and firetrucks sitting in front of it..One of the employees from the post office was stanind across the street so I asked him what happened, he told me there was a Russian man who went into the postoffice with a very large package and tried to mail it..The clerk got suspicious and called the police, they took the man into custody and opened the package after a bomb squad arrived there..Inside this package was a bunch of explosives and some electronic stuff..It turned out this Russian guy was going to try to mail the package to the Capital Building in Washington D.C...

I didn't know anything was going on with the Pentagon and the Twin Towers being hit until I got to the card shop where I ued to live, when I walked in the shop the owner had CNN on his tv there and was watching what was going on..When I got home from the cardshop I turned the tv on and sat there for several hours watching it..

Thanks Ed
    I only trade by Beckett price guide, not eBay comp or SV, TV..I also do not collect any Panini or Donruss Baseball products..

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I remember it was like yesterday as I my roomate at the time woke me up and told me to watch the news on the t.v. We found out work was cancelled (2nd shift) and we watched the whole scenario unfold on hours of t.v. I remember the man and woman holding hands as they jumped from the building. Hopefully, this will never happen again but with the division in the country on how to handle the situation I have a bad feeling it will sooner than later.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Country

I was at work gutting out a bathroom for a client. Needless to say I didn't get much work done that day. I'd work for a feww minutes in during commercials then back to the TV. Was actually wacthing when the second plane hit, and then when both towers tumbled. If my boss only knew how much work I did that day....lol

And Don unfortunetly I agree with you, we are starting to take things for too much granted again. The day will come soon I think.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See shayne1911's Items on eBay

I was in 7th grade. I walked into my english class and the news was on. Our teacher told us what was happening, and then we saw the 2nd plane. We didn't do much work at school. We went from class to class just watching the news. it doesn't seem like it was 6 years ago.. doesn't seem like my little sister is a year older than i was when it happened.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See hinkstercards's Items on eBay My traders on Flickr

I was stationed at McGuire AFB in New Jersey at the time (about 1 hour from New York) working in the dental laboratory on base...I was working and my boss told me that a plane had crashed into the building and they had a live broadcast on the tv...I sat to watch just as the 2nd plane hit. The base went into complete lockdown soon after that, and we began to prepare for casualties to be sent down to us (unfortunately, we saw nobody...)...part of our prep in the dental clinic was to receive a brief in dental forensics, to ready us to help identifying people.
    My wife was active duty with me there, and we worked opposite shifts of 24 hour ops for the next 3 weeks...I would work at night while the wife and kids slept, then would go home to sleep during the day while the kids were at school and my wife pulled her shift.
    Here's a scary thought...that weekend coming up was a scheduled air show at McGuire, with an expected crowd of 250,000...

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Adding to this I think it was ironic that the Leader from Iran who might have helped or trained though attackers is going to try to visit GROUND ZERO with our tax dollars paying for his security. WHAT A JOKE!!

All I have to do is watch this and listen to a guy chat on the phone with 911 operator and I can tell you the pain and anger does not go away.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EE9TLgCVLBM[/YOUTUBE]

If anyone thinks that this was a isolated incident (in the various attacks that day). I pray for the future it is, I just don't think it will be the last.

p.s. I just think a lot of the anti-war people would be changing their views if they had lost someone in that terrible tragedy.

DON