Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bcus28's Items on eBay

Need help with my truck

Hopefully someone can provide me with some insight here.

I own a 1996 Olds Bravada, and last night the blower fan for my heater/AC quit working. I can hear a faint "click" when I turn the 1-2-3-4 knob up and down, but the fan isn't working.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mitcwolf's Items on eBay

i dont know a ton about the ac unit but it looks like the motor may be out. Is it a click sound or more like it is trying to start but wont turn?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gsj68's Items on eBay

check the fuse,if you can hear it trying to work,something might of fell down your defrost vent

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See VLADDADDY's Items on eBay

yes my friend, you have an issue with the blower motor. either as gsj68 recommended, check the fuse but it prolly wouldnt be doing anything if it had a blown fuse. depending on the cost of the blower motor, it might be easiest to just replace it(there all the same for brevada, gmc jimmy, and chevy s-10 and s-10 blazer. hope you get it fixed

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bcus28's Items on eBay

Guys, thanks for your help.

Tutall- the click sound, I think, is maybe a normal sound it makes when adjusting the speed of the fan. Not a click as far as it setting itself into the 1-2-3-4 spot, but more like an electrical click, but the motor's not moving

gsj68- something did fall into the vents not long ago. It was I believe one of those pay-someone-in the middle of the road-to fight cancer-and I get a little sticker in return thingies. I usually just throw them up on the dashboard and one or more of them fell in the vents. I used to be able to hear the flickering (like a Mickey Mantle RC in the spokes of a bicycle), I either got used to the sound or some of it became shredded by the fan.
    I beriefly checked the fuse, but I'll double again to make sure I wasn't looking at the wrong one.

VLADDADDY- I might have to go that route, because I'd hate to spend alot of money for some mechanic to tell me it's the most expensive thing in the world to fix, like most of the ones I know do. I have already done a few things myself such as replacing the wiper motor and replacing my passenger side riew view mirror, so maybe I'll try to get this new problem myself. It's cold in the northeast now and I need my heat!

Thanks again fellow SCF-ians, I'm open ears for any other info any wants to share.