Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 8538charles's Items on eBay

Looks like I'll have to take a trip up I-64 shortly...

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Don, Nick Shoff always has shows at Tysons Corner every month at the Crowne Plaza hotel. Shame shows aren't what they once were, but maybe with Ebay jacking up their Final Auction Fees more people will hit what shows are around. I use to set up regularly here in Dumfries back when Jerry Gardziel was alive. Did a few Shoff shows and might have done a White show as well. I use to set up at Springfield Mall, Holiday Inn in Springfield, VFW in Dale City among others. Shame that Shoff's show is about the only one in town and not as big as it use to be. I believe he's down to about 30 or so tables now.

I know the Tuff Stuff Classic is gone now, but isn't there still a show once or twice a year at the fairgrounds (Richmond)? Same place that Ernie's show was. I went to one two years ago and wasn't as large as Ernie's, but was run by someone else and under another name. Any idea?

I can only hope with ebay that shows makea come back but not holding my breathe LOL.

As for the question Tony perhaps might have a better idea as he does shows in that area.

do you guys no of any shows in the baltimore area that are really good. even if i have to drive like 45 minutes or so. just a couple smaller local shows here and they are hard to get a table to. everyone nos everyone else and doesnt want to let anyone else in.

I would take a look and see if Maryland has any shows as Daniel takes the time to post most of the shows that we can find out about. If you need more help in searching for the shows he has listed let us know and we will answer all your questions!!

DON

SCF Rewards
    Country

Just making sure this is the location at 3200 West Broad Street? Are the times still applicable? Looking forward to it if everything still is a go.

Comfort Inn and Convention Center, Sa 10-6 Su 10-4, 60T, A:Not set yet-

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Yes...that is the correct location and times are still applicable...

Look forward to seeing you there...I'll have a camera with me, so be prepared...

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Yes...that is the correct location and times are still applicable...

Look forward to seeing you there...I'll have a camera with me, so be prepared...

Take lots of pictures LOL.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Of everyone and everything but myself...not a problem...

If I can get away from the tables, that is...lol

SCF Rewards
    Country

Of everyone and everything but myself...not a problem...

If I can get away from the tables, that is...lol

We will get pictures....trust me! And when we do it will be photoshop heaven!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Just a final reminder about the show this weekend. Be sure to stop on by the tables if you can. All SCF members receive a $5 discount per box bought at the show.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Spent the weekend at the show. The tables were set up in a conference room, so space was tight but everyone managed to work around each other. We had the pleasure of meeting "Uncle Dick", the vintage buyer/seller/trader that advertises in Tuff Stuff and Beckett. Very nice guy and was very helpful in pointing us in some directions to be able to maintain ourselves in this business. His vintage goes from 1951-1975. He allowed me to take a few picks of his showcase, which I'll post later today. He said he was going to be ata show in Reading, PA this coming weekend and then will at the Chantilly, VA show in a couple of weeks. If you happen to see him at either show, tell him the guys from the Richmond show sent ya.

As for us, we had a decent time. Besides us, there was only one other wax seller there. As peculiar as it was, we didn't have much of the same boxes, so that made it easy for both of us to get a few sales. Had the opportunity to meet a few people and got to talk to Ernie White. I'm hoping to set up an interview with him as I would love to learn more about the origination of Tuff Stuff and the Tuff Stuff Classic.

There wasn't much for newer cards. It was mostly vintage cards, memorabilia and paraphenalia. Pass out plenty of business cards/flyers once again, so hopefully this will lead to some new members. Considering this was the first "major" show in Richmond in three years, I think it was successful. I would definitely be interested in making the trip again. However, don't get me started on the driving conditions in the city... :)

Pics will be up later...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See thecardboardvillagedotcom1's Items on eBay

Tony, It was a pleasure to meet you guys at the show and hope to see you again in Chantilly in March. I'm considering buying a box of 2007 Bowman STERLING Baseball Hobby and notice the item description is for Topps Sterling, just want to double check that this is for the Bowman STERLING.
    http://www.cardsbythebox.com/catalog...138c7984241924

Thanks, Mike

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast