Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Glutton Bowl

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Green Bay Packers Cincinnati Reds
    See rchurchward22's Items on eBay

Glutton Bowl

Tonight at dinner, my room mate and I were discussing eating competitions. I never knew that the "Glutton Bowl" existed until I read about it online. Reigning Glutton Bowl Champion, none other than Kobayashi. Get this...

The competition was set up to have 3 rounds - the qualifiers, the wild card round, and the finals. In each round competitors were to eat the most of one specified food in a set amount of time. The winner of each qualifying competition was automatically in the finals. The runner up in each qualifier competed in the wild card round and the winner of that was the last person put in the finals.

The list of foods eaten in each round and the winning amount eaten are as follows (each competition was 12 minutes long):

Qualifying Rounds

* Hard-boiled eggs
    -38 eggs

* Quarter-pound sticks of butter
    -the winner at 7 sticks

* Whole beef tongue
    - 3 lbs to each tongue
    - winner ate 1 tongue plus a few bites of another

* Hot Dogs
    - 31 hot dogs - bun and all

* Mayonnaise
    - 32oz. per bowl.
    - winner ate 4 bowls which is equivalent to 8 pounds of mayo

* Hamburgers
    - 3oz. meat patties plus the bun (fast food type burgers)
    - winner ate 11

* 15 foot, 12lb. sushi roll including 2 one foot long pieces of Wasabi
    - 3.8 feet consumed by winner

Wild Card Round

* Cooked (but not fried) bull testicles
    - 3lbs

Finals

* Cow brain (1/3 pound each)
    - one plate and on to second (10 lbs per platter and 5 lbs for additional platter)

Talk about disgusting.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Giants

That's just disgusting....what some people will do

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See hunnied's Items on eBay

Ewww..the only things I'd be able to eat would be hotdogs and hamburgers. Everything else just sounds gross!

Ashley

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (21)
    Country

Wild Card Round

* Cooked (but not fried) bull testicles
    - 3lbs

Anything near your "area" should never be eaten.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bcus28's Items on eBay

MMMMMMMMMMMM, 8lbs of mayo!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See shayne1911's Items on eBay

ummm GROSS. I couldn't do that.. I could eat hamburgers and hotdogs and thats it. But definately not 11 hamburgers and 31 hotdogs!! wow. And I like mayonnaise on my sandwiches, but VERY little.. there's no way I could eat it plain. ewwwwwwwwwwwwww.

SCF Rewards
    Country

The sad part is, he is doing this and probably making more money per year that we can imagine for a "Competitive eater"

Jay

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think I'm gonna hurl.......

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Green Bay Packers Cincinnati Reds
    See rchurchward22's Items on eBay

You think THAT's gross. Joey Chestnut is the guy who beat Kobayashi at the hot dog eating contest this year. Listen to other of Joey's WORLD RECORDS:

* Sandwiches: 59 peanut butter sandwiches in 10 minutes on June 19, 2005

* Waffles: 18.5 waffles (8 oz.) in 10 minutes at Waffle House in Atlanta, GA, on September 4, 2005.

* Grilled Cheese Sandwiches: 47 sandwiches in 10 minutes at the Thomas & Mack Center in Las Vegas, NV on June 10, 2006.

* Pork Ribs: 8.4 pounds pork rib meat in 12 minutes at Chinook Winds on July 16, 2006.

* Horseshoe Sandwiches: 6 pounds, 5 ounces of horseshoe sandwiches at the Illinois State Fair on August 12, 2006.

* Gyoza: 212 chicken and vegetable gyoza during Nisei Week in Little Tokyo in 10 minutes on August 19, 2006.

* Pulled Pork: 9 pounds, 6 ounces in 10 minutes in Council Bluffs, IA on September 16, 2006.

* Chicken Wings: 241 wings at Wing Bowl XVI in Philadelphia, PA, on February 1, 2008.[1]

* Asparagus: 8.6 pounds of tempura-fried asparagus at the Asparagus Festival in Stockton, CA, on April 28, 2007.

* Chili: 14 cups in 6 minutes at the Astrodome in Houston, TX on March 30, 2007.

* Chicken Wings: 7.05 pounds of wings in 12 minutes in New York City on May 21, 2007.

* Hot Dogs: 66 hot dogs in 12 minutes in Coney Island, Brooklyn, NY on July 4, 2007.

* Hamburgers: 103 Krystal Hamburgers in 8 minutes on October 28, 2007.

PLUS, he's one of a few people to successfully complete the gallon milk chug. He did it in 41 seconds.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bcus28's Items on eBay

* Chili: 14 cups in 6 minutes

I wouldn't go in there if I was you... *closes door*