Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jrforcefan's Items on eBay

Kyle signings at Richmond, IN

I found out this week that Kyle Busch was signing in Richmond this morning at the Tom Raper showroom for a charity drive for children's pajamas. I thought it would be as good as time as ever to get Kyle's auto.

So, at 8:30 this morning, Lauren and I packed up and went out to Richmond with pajamas and Kellogg's die-cast in hand. We got there at 9:30, got in line and waited for the doors to open at 10. Not much there of a crowd for Kyle as I thought; I blame that on the 11 AM start time. There was a JGR trailer there and I picked up a Combos 1/24 (no M&Ms 1/24 there--how sad) for him to sign as well, knowing that he usually signs two autos per person even though they said ONE AUTO PER PERSON...

Kyle came in at 11 and started signing by 11:20. He was signing away when I was getting my die cast out and spied he did not have a silver Sharpie with him. I pulled out mine and told him to keep it. He looked up, said thanks and signed BOTH die casts for me. After that, he said thank you for the pen, said Lauren was cute, and shook my hand.

I have to admit that Kyle is a very brash driver, almost to the point of being reckless at times. But when it comes to the fans, he is one of the most obliging guests I've ever seen. after a few years, there will be fewer and fewer boos for him.

Here are some pics from the signing:

Kyle signing away..

the M&Ms showcar...that's my other girl on the car...

Me and Lauren with the car...

and of course, the signed swag...

Thanks for looking, Alex
    Last edited by ajwest92; 07-31-2008 at 02:07 AM. Reason: pic moved into different photobucket

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See The_OSF's Items on eBay

Klye is a great guy when you talk to him in person. He may be hard on the track but in person he is very down to earth. I met him last year at the Stocks for Tots event in Mooresville. Great looking cars you got him to sign. Congrats on meeting him.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jsab4807's Items on eBay

As much as I hate him, you are absolutely correct about Kyle. He's a really nice guy when you actually meet him for an autograph session.

With how hot he is, I'll probably wait in line for him when I go to Charlotte in October, as long as no one else is signing that I'm interested in. Gotta pass time somehow....lol.

SCF Rewards
    Country

That is fantastic Alex, thanks for showing the story with us.

Country

Awesome Story. I hope one day to meet him, he'd probably have me arrested for being such a fanatic,,,,, but at least it would be memorable. Love the auto dicasts especially the combos, awesome, thanks for sharing.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Nuts (19)
    Country
    See steveberg's Items on eBay

Congrats on the auto. Ajwest you from Richmond, In? I grew up over there. Tom Raper usually has some Cup driver over there for autos every year at this time. Once again congrats on the autos.

Cory

SCF Rewards
    Country

Congrats on the auto. Ajwest you from Richmond, In? I grew up over there. Tom Raper usually has some Cup driver over there for autos every year at this time. Once again congrats on the autos.

Cory

No, I live in Sidney, OH; it's about a hour drive from Richmond. but I've traveled around for my fair share of autograph appearances;

West Chester, OH for Dale jr. in 1998--if I had a nickel every time I've kicked myself for not bringing a camera, i'll be rich!!!

Dayton, OH at the Dayton Auto Show: Steve Park (2001), JJ Yeley (2006), and Clint Bowyer (2007);

Rossford, OH BPS grand opening earlier this month for Martin Truex, Jr.;

and Florence, KY for Danica Patrick in 2006 AND 2007.

I've also gotten other autographs from other sports figures as well: AJ Hawk, Anthony Gonzanlez, Archie Griffin, Chad Johnson, Anthony Munoz, Brandon Phillips, the list goes on and on.

Alex

SCF Rewards
    Country

I just registered my Combos car at their website and they made less their than 1500 total in the Combos style...no wonder I've haven't found any Kyle 08 die casts...they are harder than hens' teeth!!!

And yes...I did wear Dale Jr. to the signing...I'm a brave man!!! LOL
    Last edited by ajwest92; 07-24-2008 at 10:55 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays Toronto Raptors

Great Stuff

Boy I Wish We Had Some Nascar Signing Around Here
    Tony Stewart Was at Peterborough Ont. Home Depot a Couple Years Back. It Was Pack
    And Never Got Anything Sign By Him ..

Mike

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Penguins Pittsburgh Pirates Pittsburgh Steelers
    Upper Deck ePack

Very nice! Congrats and thanks for sharing!

Darin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast