Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Thread: Gun control

SCF Rewards
    Country

Wait I just want to check to make sure I'm getting this correctly. To hunt a deer or a duck or whatever you are hunting, you need a semi-automatic shotgun to do it? A regular shotgun doesn't do the trick? You are doing the same job with a semi-automatic shotgun, that 400 years ago people were doing with wood, some string, and an arrowhead at the end. I don't mean to sound judgemental, it just seems excessive to me.

As far as gun control, I have no problem with people having guns, however Semi-Automatics and Automatics should be banned from regular citizens.

No, I dont HAVE to have a semi-automatic that holds 3 shells (more if i wanted to, but at some point its illegal. Not sure exactly how many is illegal, but 3 is good for me anyway.)

Here in Texas we hunt dove quite a bit. Sometimes there will be more than one dove flying, so its nice having a semi-automatic. Its not an assault shotgun with a pistol-grip or anything. Its just a regular every-day hunting shotgun, just happens to be semi-automatic. Its just a nice extra.

SCF Rewards
    Country

The military is at war every day whether you want to admit it or not. Just because it is not publicized doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

And the needs thing. Besides hunting why else would you need a gun?

Do you mean active military, or all military (active and ex-military)? Yes active military need to have anything they really need. More power to them, give them the biggest, I dont care. I just want to stay protected.

But when I got out and shoot skunks and coyotes, I'm not going to use the same size gun I would to shoot a deer or elk.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Do you mean active military, or all military (active and ex-military)? Yes active military need to have anything they really need. More power to them, give them the biggest, I dont care. I just want to stay protected.

But when I got out and shoot skunks and coyotes, I'm not going to use the same size gun I would to shoot a deer or elk.

Maybe we should redefine hunting then. If you need a semi automatic to take down a deer then you have no right hunting. What is next are we going to use hand grenades to take out elk?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I've always wanted to roll up on a rabbit den in an Abrams.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Maybe we should redefine hunting then. If you need a semi automatic to take down a deer then you have no right hunting. What is next are we going to use hand grenades to take out elk?

I dont hunt deer with a semi-automatic. The only thing I was referring to about semi-automatic guns is the shotgun I have, which I hunt dove with, or shoot clay pigeons.

When I said different needs, I mean there are different size rifles. Just like different size animals.

Why do some people have more than one card of their favorite player? They enjoy collecting them. Just like with guns, cars, guitars, or any other hobby you have. Why take away a hunters freedom?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See j80rice's Items on eBay

The commentary on the semi-automatic shotgun shows a good glimpse that people who don't hunt don't understand the purpose or need.

Aikman points out well the usefulness of a semi-automatic in bird hunting. I grew up in Texas, which pretty much assures I am pro-gun. As for the person who said one gun per person. I myself have 6 guns and I am by no means a crazy gun guy. I have them for the following:

1 pistol for protection
    1 pistol small enough my wife feels comfortable using
    1 Rifle for deer hunting
    1 rifle for larger animal hunting
    1 shotgun for dove
    1 shotgun for ducks.

to someone who isn't used to being around guns, that probably sounds like a lot. For someone that does hunt, that is viewed as pretty much the basics.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ok the hobby thing is bull.

Cards don't fire small objects at a fast rate. Cars don't have a barrel you can point at someone.

Guns are very dangerous and need to be cut out of the American lifestyle.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See j80rice's Items on eBay

Cards don't fire small objects at a fast rate. Cars don't have a barrel you can point at someone.

way more people die in cars handled incorrectly than guns handled incorrectly

and until you know someone who collects guns as a hobby you don't understand

SCF Rewards
    Country

But you cant cut out all the guns. Only the licensed guns, which arent the problem. Its the stolen and black-market guns that the criminals have and thats the problem. That leaves innocent civilians very vulnerable.

SCF Rewards
    Country

way more people die in cars handled incorrectly than guns handled incorrectly

and until you know someone who collects guns as a hobby you don't understand

You mean know someone like:

My dad who has over 30 guns ranging from WWI to Present
    Both Grandfathers over 20 guns each

I understand that you like them. I like seeing stuff blow up. I don't collect pipe bombs.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast