Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 512131415

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See njbanicki's Items on eBay

ok after reading through the first 9 pages i realized something this thread was started by someone who wants from what i gathered what would amount to a high end product available to him in a 99cent pack, you want production cut you want on card autos you want mostly base in packs that way when YOU get your hits their worth hundreds if not thousands of dollars and you still want milions of people who have varying interests to remain interested in buying pack after pack of base cards so that when you get a special card you can suddenly make a few hundred bucks and then have the nerve to dare say the rest of us need to think of why WE got into collecting, yah ok. I just started collecting, football rookies, and i like that i can pull a felix jones auto patch or even some noname rookie auto even if it is a sticker and i could honestly care less that these cards are worth very little cause look at the odds look at the real numbers your just ask likely to pull a multi-hundred dollar card now as you were back in the day the only difference is that instead of just a bunch of plain base cards in between you can get autos and jerseys and serialed prints.
    The only things that i think need to change is the overall number of sets and the redemptions. Redemptions just suck getting and have all the companies make like 2 of each set level. 2 low 2 mid 2 high, cause havin like 6 of each from every company is ridiculous.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See heclo's Items on eBay

ok i just read all 15 pages, and i gotta say i think nobody's wrong or right, its all opinion...

i started collecting april 2008, because i love baseball, i started off buying those double retail packs of UD series 1, i just wanted a bunch of baseball cards, i only buy upperdeck series 1 and 2, bowman chrome and BDPP becuase i like the way the cards look

i love getting base, autos, and gu of players i never heard of and reading their stats and where they played,

i dont mind that theres $500 dollar boxes out there cause i have no interest in buying them, if you enjoy them good for you cause im pretty shure you dont mind me buying the $20 blasters full of the base and no-name gu i enjoy...

i like the fact gu and autos are common because that means i can go out and buy a game used card of bobby bonds for 3 dollars to add to my collection of giants cards, because i feel it brings me that much closer to the game...

i also dont mind autos sticker'd onto cards becuase its still an auto of a pro ballplayer...

i dont mind there being tons of parrallels becuase i know i'll prolly only be able to build sets of base cards...

SCF Rewards
    Country

**** long thread... good read though. Many perspectives, mostly two traqins of thoughts... I myself don't mind the highend GU/AU madness I just hate the dozen parallel sets... its nice to have 1/2 but 10??? UGHHHH.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Los Angeles Dodgers

well i have 24 of 25 of a certain one! :)

Country

The brick and mortar and shows have been hit hard by eBay.

Country
    See dhick420's Items on eBay

The brick and mortar and shows have been hit hard by eBay.

Breaking News!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Freaks (23)
    Country
    See aoskwhite84's Items on eBay

I agree with most of those and ebay should definately be on that list

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 512131415