Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

View Poll Results:

Voters
0. This poll is closed
  • 0 0%
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: How old are you?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See vkramer123's Items on eBay

44. I have been collecting since i was a kid. The hobby has got stronger and stronger. Look at a beckett from 8 years ago and it will make you LAUGH at what they thought was a "great pull".

You got my interest. What was consider a great pull in 2000?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Almost 48 and still going strong......

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See steel-75's Items on eBay

Edwards2Evans........The ads for upcoming products featuring 1 color gu and the autos had pull rates like 1 every 5 boxes..........ridiculous.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

You got my interest. What was consider a great pull in 2000?

Basically _any_ GU. GU cards were still somewhat new in 2000, so any GU was worth quite a bit compared to what they are worth today. Numbered rookies were also still fairly new in the hobby, so they booked much more as well.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See Robsportscards2009's Items on eBay

I'm 40 and I love this hobby, my ex-wife hated it. I've been a collector on and off since I was 6. My personal collection is appraised at $29,000 and still growing. I was lucky enough to meet some great athletes and get some cool auto'd memorabilia. Walt "Clyde" Frazier, Bobby Nystrom, Clete Boyer, Bob Feller, Lawrence Taylor just to name a few. It is an expensive hobby, but a great one to have.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm 16 and have been collecting for a little over 5 years.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See vkramer123's Items on eBay

Edwards2Evans........The ads for upcoming products featuring 1 color gu and the autos had pull rates like 1 every 5 boxes..........ridiculous.

Basically _any_ GU. GU cards were still somewhat new in 2000, so any GU was worth quite a bit compared to what they are worth today. Numbered rookies were also still fairly new in the hobby, so they booked much more as well.

Lol. Thanks guys.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See tyadams1996's Items on eBay

13 and not gonna stop

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See armychic26's Items on eBay

im 26. i started collecting when i was 8. i stopped collecting through my high school and college years...started playin sports and hanging with the boys,plus the girls was on my mind heavy. now im married and have a family. i needed somethin to get into so i came back to this hobby. although i dont think im a lifer, i do think its something to do in the house and to keep myself from going out to find something to do all the time

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See atlbravesfan4life's Items on eBay

Been collecting since I was 6 years old and I am now 23. I took a bit of a break during High School because I was heavily into JROTC so I spent most of my free time in that. Once I got to college I had more free time and was not too sure what to do with it so bam, right back into the hobby and being going strong ever since. Money gets tight at times but I find ways to keep myself in it. I hope to collect as long as I can.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast