Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gladdyontherise's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Well i went to Tigers fest last year, be prepared to wait about 90-120 for each autograph line and possibly longer, they dont tell you whos signing where and it changed every 55 minutes, its really based on luck who signs. it was alot of fun last year, but i wouldnt do it again based on the lines..

some guys i got last year were

Dan Petry, Jeremy Bonderman, Rick Porcello, Jim Leyland, Tim Byrdak, Pudge Rodriguez and others
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See ruchankirby's Items on eBay

The gates open at 9AM so when do you think I should get there?

I have only been to the Rangers so take that for what it is worth at others.

OK if you want Young/Kinsler (probably goes for Hamilton too this year) and they sign early, get there early. I think they release the schedule the day prior. The line will be long to get in. As soon as they open the gates everyone runs to get in line (last year Young was one of the first to sign). Once they hand out the tickets for say Young, you can go get in other lines for other tickets. They usually hand out tix an hour or so before the lines start going in. They hand out a lot of tickets but there will be a lot of people there. The smaller name guys will be easy to get so you don't have to get there as early. The bigger named guys you have to be in line early to get a ticket because they will run out. You may not be able to get say Young/Kinsler if they sign at similar times. It helps to have others with you but I think I got like 13 or more last year by myself and I left early.

don't forget about the former players - they will probably sign in the gift shop again (if they set if up like last year). If you are watching sometimes you can catch a player walking in. Last year CJ Wilson walked by and a guy in line in front of me stopped him and I took a pic of them on his camera. He was very nice and polite.

Also don't forget to do the tour and get your card stamped (something they hand out for free). You turn it in with all the stamps and you get 2 free tix to a future game.

Just remember to be polite and have fun. I still hope I can make it to this.

Oh and last year they had some prospects signing in a different room off from teh main signing area. Guys like Davis and Teagarden were there. There was no ticket for them but the lines got long depending on who signed. I don't know who they would have this year but it is a good way to get some top minor league guys too.

SCF Rewards
    Country

The gates open at 9AM so when do you think I should get there?

Depends where you want to be in line. I think last year I got there around 7ish and was one of the first 15 or so in line. Young was signing at 10am too so by 9am the line was around the building to get in.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Which gate should I line up? Also will all of the parking lots be open? Thanks for all of your help. I would have gone at about 8:30 if you hadn't told me that you went at 7 then I would have had no chance at the stars

Depends where you want to be in line. I think last year I got there around 7ish and was one of the first 15 or so in line. Young was signing at 10am too so by 9am the line was around the building to get in.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Which gate should I line up? Also will all of the parking lots be open? Thanks for all of your help. I would have gone at about 8:30 if you hadn't told me that you went at 7 then I would have had no chance at the stars

Now take into consideration that everything I told you was how it went last year. This year could be different.

With that in mind if you get there early you will see where they are lined up at. Last year they only had the 3rd base gate open for people to come in. You can park in the lot across the street from the team shop and be close to the gate. If you arrive later you might still get some stars but you will just be at the back of the line.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

The schedule came out! It's here:
    http://texas.rangers.mlb.com/tex/fan_forum/fanfest.jsp

Too bad Michael Young isn't coming.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

The schedule changed, Michael Young will sign at the same time as Hamilton, so I will get Young and my mom and sister will get Hamilton

SCF Rewards
    Country

let us know how it all turns out

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I just came back right now. It was freezing cold so I couldn't stay for Teagarden or Salty.

I got:

Hamilton (ball,card)
    Young(mini helmet)
    Davis (2 cards)
    Kinsler (8x10) waited 3 hours in line for it

I could only get four autos (actually my mom and sister got Hamilton and Davis), but they were all semi stars or stars. I will post scans in the in person section later. Overall, it was pretty good except for the weather. It's worth every bit of the $10 admission fee.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I posted the scans in the IP section

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12