Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

How much postage do you put on for sending an 8x10 photo?

I am thinking about 4 stamps eachway. LMK what you guys usually do. Thanks!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@rtghobbies

2 stamps works for me, as long as the envelope is a regular envelope, and isnt a rigid photomailer
    Ed

SCF Rewards
    Country

Well, I have it in a large 9x12 brown envelope with two pieces of thin cardboard that barely weigh anything. The envelopes are not padded. I think I should be safe with 3 stamps on each one. What do you think.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See deeakay's Items on eBay

I am thinking about 4 stamps eachway. LMK what you guys usually do. Thanks!

• For SASE: (1) $1.00 Stamp (if you are mailing in standard White 9x13 mailer with only the 8x10 being returned)
    • For To: mailing:
    1. (8x10, note, SASE): $1.00 postage, if you use the Self Service Postage Machine, at Post Office.
    2. OR, if you go to the clerk, (1) $1.00 + (1) $0.17 stamps
    $1.00 & $0.17 stamps are sold at the Post Office (via the clerks).
    If you use (3) $0.42 stamps that's too much ($1.28 each way, $2.56 instead of $2.00-$2.17 max).

I mailed my last 8x10 with the Self Service Postage Machine, at the Post Office, and it only cost $1.00 to mail it (instead of $1.17 via clerk).

I send my (1) 8X10, Note, 9x13 SASE White Mailer (with 1/4-1/2 inch of the length folded over to fit inside the outer 9x13 White Mailer), with NO cardboard, and outer 9x13 White Mailer.

I just write "Photo Inside - Please DO NOT Fold" on the outside.

I didn't have any problems with my Mike Cameron mailing & return this winter. Keep it simple.
    Last edited by deeakay; 03-16-2009 at 11:14 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

i use a piece of cardboard for my 8x10's and i always use 4 stamps. when i had it measured by the clerk sometimes it would be more than 3 stamps worth of postage, so i just always put 4 to be sure.

if you use cardboard there is no way $1 would be enough postage. just take it to the clerk and they'll tell you how much you need.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See csduncan69's Items on eBay

I use 3 42 cent stamps to send, and 2 on my sase. I don't send cardboard. Plus about 50% of my 8x10's come back with unmarked stamps.