Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Need help determining if this is real.

I would like to know everyone's opinion on if this is a real autograph or if it's a reprint of some kind. Thanks in advance..

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See redsoxhybrid's Items on eBay

i would say fake becuse the s on the williams is wrong,even the l's are more open then his.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Bump, for more opinions, Thanks

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See JRule15's Items on eBay

Well I spent about twenty minutes looking through Williams autographs from well known memorabilia stores and noticed two things about this one that didn't really jive with the others.

The first "i" on this autograph is looped, all the one's that I saw were solid. The other thing I noticed was the "s" in his last name is not completely finished on this photo, but has been on everything else I saw.

Does this mean it's not real, well obviously not, I'm hardly a professional, but it may help point out some possible flaws.

Are you looking to purchase this item? If so, where is the COA from? What type of asking price do they want? Sometimes a low buying price is often times an indication that something may not be real.

This is from Steiner
    http://www.steinersports.com/ssm/control/product/~pid=WILLBAS000055#

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks for the help guys. I actually own this photo, I bought it at least a year ago or more not really knowing what I was getting and it was somewhat a cheap price thought I was getting a deal, but oh well can't win them all.. Thanks again, Jason

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks for the help guys. I actually own this photo, I bought it at least a year ago or more not really knowing what I was getting and it was somewhat a cheap price thought I was getting a deal, but oh well can't win them all.. Thanks again, Jason

Just because we've pointed out some details does not necessarily mean the autograph isn't authentic. People's autographs change all of the time, heck, I don't think mine is the same every day I sign it. It could be the pen the person is using or the quantity or even if they're signing on the fly while being mobbed by a bajllion people.

Still a nice piece, no need to worry.

SCF Rewards
    Country

That is true not every signature stays the same. I may send it in to GAI or PSA to find out if it's authenicated, but I dont want to spend to much to find out its not real.
    Thanks again

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sure thing.

PSA/DNA offers a quick opinion thing for around $8, I believe it's only for EBAY auctions, but may be worth trying in the future.

I've never tried it or heard how well it works, but considering they're on top of the food chain for authentications, it might be an option.

http://www.psadna.com/QuickOpinion/

SCF Rewards
    Country

Cool thanks for the info.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See redsoxhybrid's Items on eBay

i guess it all depends when ih esigned it. later on in years he might got sloppy. do some research becuse i heard some storys that his kid made him sign a bunch of stuff when he was on his way out. also heard the his kid forged alot of autos. worst case is you go with faith and belive it is real and frame it,hang it,and admire it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast