Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The attack of Newbies!

Country
    See 41mears41's Items on eBay

The attack of Newbies!

I posted a thread earlier, on how one person called me names when I tried to help him with his card sales. Now he is understanding and taking my help. I have seen more and more newbies come on these boards, and some who have been here and still do not understand. Hopefully we all can just help them guide the way to a great hobby. Let them know that selling a $15bv card for $30.. just will not work. Tell them how to use eBay to find past sales. The works.

But I have just encountered someone trying to buy off ebay, and resell for much greater price. My advice to anyone who wants to try this (unless you got a steal, but this guy didn't) do not do it. We know how to check completed sales, we see you bought a card for XX money and you want XXX money, it will not work.

So if anyone has questions about this hobby, you can ask one of the many members on this lovely site, and we will assist you the right direction.

Thanks, Nino

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See briannjen's Items on eBay

As a newbie, thanks for your willingness and patience in help us :) Also i noticed very quickly it's not worthwhile to buy off ebay and try to resell since people will probably just notice they can buy it cheaper on ebay, lol. I've only bought for my PC off ebay, a few cards came bundled in with PC cards which I used for traders, but thats all. I dont know if its the economy or inflated BVs or what, but ive found that its not unusual to get cards with like $30-$40 BVs for like $5-$6 shipped on ebay, But also cards with $10-$20 BVs for $5-$6 shipped, lol.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See andora_s_box's Items on eBay

yeah, i've noticed that 15/20 bv going for 8-12 as well.. kind of frustrating but oh well.. i understand if it's a great patch of a common player, but sometimes it's just the normal version..

that's also a part of this hobby that i like though too, you see passion in people to get 'that' player...

Country

As a newbie, thanks for your willingness and patience in help us :) Also i noticed very quickly it's not worthwhile to buy off ebay and try to resell since people will probably just notice they can buy it cheaper on ebay, lol. I've only bought for my PC off ebay, a few cards came bundled in with PC cards which I used for traders, but thats all. I dont know if its the economy or inflated BVs or what, but ive found that its not unusual to get cards with like $30-$40 BVs for like $5-$6 shipped on ebay, But also cards with $10-$20 BVs for $5-$6 shipped, lol.

Take into considerations the players that have the BV and the product. We have seen Sidney Crosby Winning Materials BV 100 go for about 10 or so on eBay, but take a FW Auto of someone and it goes for 40 on ebay. Sometimes it is the product, the player, a lot of factors in why sales are different.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

yeah as a Messier collector it can be frustrating to see the Messier auction go up to $70 while the same product and insert of like Doug Weight hits $3.99. Or the Messier 1 of 1 with a $4999 BIN.. lol

Country
    See element78914's Items on eBay

yeah as a Messier collector it can be frustrating to see the Messier auction go up to $70 while the same product and insert of like Doug Weight hits $3.99. Or the Messier 1 of 1 with a $4999 BIN.. lol

That Messier 1/1 thats going for $4999.00 is that Ultimate NHL Logo Shield Auto haha, thats why.... I wouldn't be suprised to see it actually sell forrrr eh close to 2000 to 2500 though.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Cabrinihockey98's Items on eBay

I learned quickly last summer that no one real ly makes money in this unless you own a hobby shop and charge high prices for boxes/cases. Opening up the boxes and cases rarely provide the hits needed to break even.

I've only made profit once or twice, which is why I decided to start collecting players. What started out as Coburn last year, turned into Giroux last summer. When I buy a box or packs, I use whatever I get back to buy Giroux cards, so it feels like at least im getting somethingf or my money.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

That Messier 1/1 thats going for $4999.00 is that Ultimate NHL Logo Shield Auto haha, thats why.... I wouldn't be suprised to see it actually sell forrrr eh close to 2000 to 2500 though.

yeah there were a bunch of offers made, i would love to know what the best offer was.

Country

I learned quickly last summer that no one real ly makes money in this unless you own a hobby shop and charge high prices for boxes/cases. Opening up the boxes and cases rarely provide the hits needed to break even.

I've only made profit once or twice, which is why I decided to start collecting players. What started out as Coburn last year, turned into Giroux last summer. When I buy a box or packs, I use whatever I get back to buy Giroux cards, so it feels like at least im getting somethingf or my money.

Nice nameplate! Best way to make money in this hobby beside owning a business, is opening a case. Case hits involved, use your imagination to sell. I have spent maybe $1000 on boxes and packs, made back about $400, could probably make back about $600 or $700. But when you pull a 1/1 Shield card from 1 pack of Ultimate, that is $2000 on a $100 pack, and trumps the $1900 spent on boxes. It is possible to break even or better, just got to use smarts!

Nino

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See goalieboy3124's Items on eBay

some of these new guys need to learn the hobby and the rules

tooo many threads asking for bv's. do people not read the rules?

and this story made me so mad. i had a buy thread, said i had 9 bucks and change to spend. people kept offering me cards that costed over 9 bucks. is it that hard to understand? and then on top of that, a person had a 30 bv card with a sv of 12 and tried to sell it to me for 22. and it wasnt a super nice card at all. told the person no and then the person offers to add some crummy kings inserts and i said no and please stop offering cards to me. what does this person do? says that he wants to fight me. really there are some true boneheads around that truly kill this hobby

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast