Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Thread: New Logo Shield 1/1

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gregmal05's Items on eBay

I'm pretty sure 03-04 Premier had shields of a bunch of players....

Here's a few picks of some of them...

Yea I am aware of those. Awesome looking cards, but from what I remember they were only made for the "star" players. There was no such thing as a "rookie shield" or whatever it is that Ultimate has now.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (32) HI
    Country

just found this from one of my friends who has the Bergeron shield from the 03-04 RC year. doesn't say RC shield per se, but it is his RC year shield. o.O?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (64)
    Country

There is no proof of sale, absolutely none. Did you check the eBay auction 260414364233? Highest bidder freshly new on eBay with a feedback of 5!!! The ID was created less than 30 days ago, give me a break! An eBay auction completed isn't equal to a sale. As long as a sale is not confirmed and I see who's the new owner, there is no sale. I know Sam, he's a good guy and I already dealt with him. He bought few years ago a Roy/Brodeur Dual Shields Auto for $10300, outbidded me at $10000. It was huge money! But I am still convinced the Ward at $1325+ isn't a real eBay sale, when I see the other one in the $300 range, and when I actually see how difficult it is to move a Shield from a Carolina Hurricane player. By the way, are you ready for some competition once the Hodgson NHL Shields Auto 1/1 cards will be released on next year???

LOL... so you have no proof. OK.

Competition for a Hodgson Shield? Why would I want a photo shoot shield card when his true gamers go for $600 at auction? If you want to go out and drop $1K on it, you'd better buy a nice ring for it, because you'll be married to that card.

Shield cards are generally overpriced by at least half of what they typically sell for. They're specific patch cards... that's all. And each year the market gets more and more of those things into circulation. They're barely even special anymore.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See xtcy5's Items on eBay

Hey wake up it was a joke. Taking this so seriously, who are your references? I hope your "reference gods" are not any of the 2 guys collecting Ovechkin and that ITG products are crap for them! They are actually crying and turning 180 degrees because Ovechkin stop signing for UD... so they decided to stop to collect Ovechkin! One week they collect pizza, next year they collect beef, whatever you have an unlimited budget you cannot be a reference when inconstancy is your line. The bottom line is you need to collect 1/1s for a long time (they exist since 1997-98) to have a good idea on prices of 1/1s. Some are experts in RCs, other are expert in a specific set, everybody has an expertise in a domain. Experience is the key. Not all the Shields cards are quality cards, so 20 Shields of players like Brad Winchester have and will always have no significant value, whatever it is a Shield or not. But 20 Shields of names like Patrick Roy, Martin Brodeur and Mario Lemieux is another story. Always quality over quantity, always!

And please guys stop the provocation comments, it is old stuff... by the way are you the guys complaining only behind your computers, never in the real hobby at card shows like the Toronto Expo and beeing friendly? I go to the best hockey card show in the world (Toronto Expo) since 2001 and there is only on forums where comments like the ones you wrote are made, we never hear comments like that on cards shows... stangely we never see you on cards shows, why? Regional behavior?

I know you would have purchased it as soon as you would have seen it. My comment was about the collectors that saw the card on all Friday day and Saturday morning at the Expo, but didn't buy the card... and once the card was gone they wanted to know who bought it. This is how I know who they are.

There is no proof of sale, absolutely none.
    Did you check the eBay auction 260414364233? Highest bidder freshly new on eBay with a feedback of 5!!! The ID was created less than 30 days ago, give me a break! An eBay auction completed isn't equal to a sale. As long as a sale is not confirmed and I see who's the new owner, there is no sale. I know Sam, he's a good guy and I already dealt with him. He bought few years ago a Roy/Brodeur Dual Shields Auto for $10300, outbidded me at $10000. It was huge money! But I am still convinced the Ward at $1325+ isn't a real eBay sale, when I see the other one in the $300 range, and when I actually see how difficult it is to move a Shield from a Carolina Hurricane player. By the way, are you ready for some competition once the Hodgson NHL Shields Auto 1/1 cards will be released on next year???

Have fun guys, it is a hobby!!!!

Well that sale was LEGIT!! It was bought by someone I know!! The 5 feedback belongs to him.. I can understand that the 5 feedback is suspicious, BUT THE SALE IS LEGIT!!

By the way Dean, I now know where that card is located!! I thought you told me you were unaware??

JF, you have no idea what offers I had on my card, NONE!! And I moved that card for exactly what I wanted.. Please do not assume that you know what my card sold for.. I will quote you "you were not there" but perhaps Kalvin told you, which is fine by me...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See roy.the.greatest's Items on eBay

Well that sale was LEGIT!! It was bought by someone I know!! The 5 feedback belongs to him.. I can understand that the 5 feedback is suspicious, BUT THE SALE IS LEGIT!!

By the way Dean, I now know where that card is located!! I thought you told me you were unaware??

JF, you have no idea what offers I had on my card, NONE!! And I moved that card for exactly what I wanted.. Please do not assume that you know what my card sold for.. I will quote you "you were not there" but perhaps Kalvin told you, which is fine by me...

No feedbacks left for buyer or seller, still at 5 feedbacks for buyer, I am still not convinced until I will see the new owner with the card.

About your card, when I wrote "For near a year, Fawad never found a buyer ready to pay cash for his Roy/Fuhr The Cup Dual NHL Shields Auto 1/1 card", I never pretended to know what offers you got on your card. I only know you didn't get the CASH you wanted for this great card over that year, and I won't reveal how much you wanted because it is not my business. You know and I know how difficult it is to sell an expensive card like that only in cash for many thousands, very difficult. Everybody wants to trade, nobody has big cash for 1 card. BTW, someone forwarded to me the content published few days ago on the other board, very nice what people can say. Is it the reason why you are newly here on SCF?

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Gentlemen, please take the discussion private or disengage this side dialogue. This is Greg's 1/1 thread - please let him enjoy it.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See xtcy5's Items on eBay

No feedbacks left for buyer or seller, still at 5 feedbacks for buyer, I am still not convinced until I will see the new owner with the card.

About your card, when I wrote "For near a year, Fawad never found a buyer ready to pay cash for his Roy/Fuhr The Cup Dual NHL Shields Auto 1/1 card", I never pretended to know what offers you got on your card. I only know you didn't get the CASH you wanted for this great card over that year, and I won't reveal how much you wanted because it is not my business. You know and I know how difficult it is to sell an expensive card like that only in cash for many thousands, very difficult. Everybody wants to trade, nobody has big cash for 1 card. BTW, someone forwarded to me the content published few days ago on the other board, very nice what people can say. Is it the reason why you are newly here on SCF?

No problems JF, I agree, it is difficult.. Actually I have been here for the past month or so.. Just getting the feel for it..

Back to Greg, Congrats, that is one sweet card!! Enjoy it.. You got a steal...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See deankal's Items on eBay

No problems JF, I agree, it is difficult.. Actually I have been here for the past month or so.. Just getting the feel for it..

Back to Greg, Congrats, that is one sweet card!! Enjoy it.. You got a steal...

Hey Fawad...
    When I first emailed you back then I was going thru friend of mine, who knew Sam, when he asked me if I was interested about the card. Since then Sam listed a ton of 05-06 The Cup rookies where I bought a few cards via ebay and have bought a ton more privately (cut out the ebay fees). In those conversations I figured out he had that Roy/Brodeur shield and a few more cards. We keep in contact quite regularily....
    One of the good guy's in the hobby....even though he's practically out of the hobby for now!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See rookietradesnc's Items on eBay

I'll bring it back... This card is awesome. Wish I could afford one.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567