Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (17)
    Country
    See bidds55's Items on eBay

Whining... how is this whining... Crosby doesn't have to do interviews, they can wait, how are the Detroit Red Wings classless? You cannot turn this on the Wings... this is ridiculous.. how can some of you guys call yourself fans when all you want to do is praise Crosby.

I'm actually not a Crosby fan. I don't like how much he has complained about no-calls in the past, and while I think he is a very good hockey player, and will get better, he isn't far and away the best player in the league right now.

As for the interviews, you tell me what is better for the NHL: Sidney Crosby in an interview, immediately after he wins the Cup, on a major network, being broadcast nationwide...OR...NBC not getting the interview right then, because he went to go shake hands, and NBC moves onto other programming. Say what you want, I'm not a Pens fan, or a Crosby fan, but I've been a fan of the game for nearly 30 years, and I think I understand what the priorities of the league are, and what the priorities of the broadcasters are.

If Sid missed the handshake altogether, then that's a problem. That he's the last guy in line, and didn't get there immediately is a non-issue. I stand behind my statement that it is in fact whining on the part of Draper. I lost a lot of respect for him on that comment.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See nextspeed's Items on eBay

Classless act by Crosby. Win or lose, both teams suppose to line it up and shake hands for a well fought game. With him being team captain of the Pens, he suppose to be the first one in line, then he can bask in the glory of the Cup victory afterwards instead of basking first, then lining it up. I'm a Crosby fan and believe he still has alot to learn in order to become a great player. Hopefully, can grow on that.
    Last edited by tboculosis; 06-14-2009 at 01:51 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I can't stand Crosby one bit. But I think this was done because of immaturity. He's young and has a lot to learn. I am not cutting him a break at all. Maybe he is just to young to be a captain.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Professor-Chaos's Items on eBay

Draper needs to learn his role and shut his trap... If anyone should be pointing fingers at anyone it's the rest of the Red Wings pointing at Stuart (1st goal), Osgood (2nd goal) and Hossa (for the whole series!)...

P-C
    --

SCF Rewards
    Country

Don't any of the Red Wings remember their teammate Chelios skipping the handshake line a few years ago after they lost to Anaheim?

I think everything happened so fast and all at once that Crosby got caught in the onset of reporters, everyone coming to greet him etc. I will tell you what I didn't like—Mike Babcock shook his hand and said more than a few words, and Crosby didn't even look him in the eye. He said "thanks" and skated on. But he will learn as time goes on to think about those things a little more. I bet he and Mario have had a talk about it. lol

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Cabrinihockey98's Items on eBay

Pens won fair and square....for once. Refs finally called an even series which was nice to see, but again Crosby lacks the class. Amazing player, but awful attitude

Congrats to the pens

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See briannjen's Items on eBay

this is just very poor sportsmanship. The first thing you do after winning a title is line up for the handshake. I've never once been on a team that had someone forget to do this. Using the he was too busy celebrating because he just won is the the most unsportsman like excuse there is.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See EmpireHockey's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I am not a Crosby fan by any stretch, but I think Crosby deserves more credit than he is getting.

He forgot to shake some players hands. So what? This is a game. It is just a ritual players have. Draper and Lidstrom could have shown a little more respect themselves and stayed on the ice a little longer.

But, I think Detroit was shocked that they lost and they are bitter about it. They are trying to find something to complain about.

Crosby won the Cup. Detroit lost. Let's all grow up and move on.

No one is perfect and Sidney is young and will learn from this.

Congrats to the Pens, that was one exciting series.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See LT21Titans27's Items on eBay

He should have been there, but was just caught up in the moment, I dont take anything out of him not being there asap

Blog Entries
    Country
    See Memento_21's Items on eBay

we're arguing on a Hungarian Forum because of this situation, that Crosby, and the others are idiots and bla bla bla...
    A Detroit fan told that last year, they didn't cheered Osgood, they lined up for the handshake.
    A Colorado fan showed a few videoes, that the celebrating is usually starts before the handshake, that was the thing what the Wings fan guy told, handshake before celebrating.

This is just another thing, what the Wings fans using to show Crosby he's a No class player. I think that's understandable, that Draper and Lidstrom didn't want to stand there too much. Even ZETTERBERG was there for the handshake. And Mr. Babcock?
    Come on. I think this is not an issue like that, what we have to talk about even days after the Final game.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast