Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SCF Rewards
    Country

so in other words it would be stupid to get it re-slabbed? i kinda thought so too, but just wanted to see some expert opinions. well thanks for all the replies

SCF Rewards
    Country

Its not stupid to get it reholdered or attempt to cross it over at a higher grade with PSA, but to crack it yourself and resubmit raw would be a questionable decision.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Its not stupid to get it reholdered or attempt to cross it over at a higher grade with PSA, but to crack it yourself and resubmit raw would be a questionable decision.

no i definitely don't want to get it reholdered. i like the old sgc case. based on what i know from different sources, sgc is much tougher on grading during the mid 90. this card was graded during the mid 90. now with all the competition i think all 4 major companies tend to be a little more lenient

SCF Rewards
    Country

http://s805.photobucket.com/albums/y...ErvingRC-1.jpg
    what about that one? if i want to cross it over to a psa9, how would i do that? just send in the graded card and tell psa that if i cant get a 9, then dont regrade it? how much would that cause or is it the same as sending in a raw card? one thing i dont understand is, if you can just send in a graded card and tell them dont regrade it unless i can get a 9 or 10, what would be the risk in that? the only risk i can think of in that case would be that grader steals your card.

SCF Rewards
    Country

http://s805.photobucket.com/albums/y...ErvingRC-1.jpg
    what about that one? if i want to cross it over to a psa9, how would i do that? just send in the graded card and tell psa that if i cant get a 9, then dont regrade it? how much would that cause or is it the same as sending in a raw card? one thing i dont understand is, if you can just send in a graded card and tell them dont regrade it unless i can get a 9 or 10, what would be the risk in that? the only risk i can think of in that case would be that grader steals your card.

In this case PSA is much better than GAI. This card is definitely worth crossing over, even to a SGC. GAI was a very good grading company when it first came out but now, not so much.
    btw you have a membership with PSA right?

SCF Rewards
    Country

In this case PSA is much better than GAI. This card is definitely worth crossing over, even to a SGC. GAI was a very good grading company when it first came out but now, not so much.
    btw you have a membership with PSA right?

Yeah i agree with you. GAI was actually founded by two of the well respected graders from PSA, but I believe GAI went into bankruptcy not too long. I think I have a really good chance of crossing it over to psa9 and the market value for GAI9 is much smaller than a PSA9. I actually dont have a subscription, but I think you need a subscription to get it graded by psa. But since this is a vintage card, I don't want it graded by bgs. I'll just wait till I have about 3 or 5 cards I want to get graded and sign up for subscription then.
    But my question is how do I go about getting a graded card crossovered? Is the price still the same? Like I stated before, what is the risk if I can just tell them not to crossover unless I can get a 9? The only risk I can think of would be a grader stealing your card and replacing it with a reprint.

SCF Rewards
    Country

When you fill the submission form there should be something for you to check. I'm not too sure since I don't have membership with PSA but you can always go to their website and find out.
    I have never heard of any problems with PSA stealing or switching stuff. So don't know what to tell you there. However, I HAVE heard of many problems with Beckett.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I have sent three jordan rookies to psa to grade, along with several other cards, and personally I have never had a problem with them sending me a card back that wasn't mine--nor have I heard of such activities. The crossover is gonna cost as much as a regular submission, so whatever service level you choose, plus insurance and shipping to and from, is gonna total your costs. You're looking at least $60 I would imagine--a small price to pay if it comes back at a 9 or greater. Just make sure to put down on your submission sheet the minimum cross over grade you desire.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12