Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (5) UCB
    Country

when i started collecting age 15, i was grade 10 so i was doing rap program in school, which is doing a trade, getting credits for it so you can do school in afternoon then go work, i did that worked from 1 to 7, making $18/hour, and every 3 months i got raise or so, so thats how i got my money then, now i put everything on my credit card, lol

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See TMacfreak91's Items on eBay

I just graduated and will be a freshman in College starting next week. Up until I turned maybe 12 or 13 my parents would buy cards for me because I was a kid who didn't want a million toys, I wanted cards so instead of the money spent on toys, that's where the money went. As I've gotten older I've had to fund my hobby habits on my own. I got a job working as a dishwasher when I was 16, worked 20-30 hours a week sometimes until 2 or 3am on weekends, saved, and spent when I could. I've accumulated a lot of my Hasek and Schremp PC from lucky pulls out of packs and lots of trading. Hope that helps at all ;)

Steve

Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I wouldn't like being bought cards. Feels like I didn't work for it.

I'll take that box of SP Authentic off your Christmas list then!
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to scottkoz20 Member is PayPal Verified

i moved this to General Sports, Sports Cards & Memorabilia Talk > General Sports/Card Talk because I'm interested to see what other people that may not necessarily collect Hockey have to say about this.

Interesting discussion... it reminds me about how much money I spent on baseball cards back in the early 90's.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hmm usually I get money from my parents at random times, an allowance, I'll dig through my room and find something somewhat valauable and sell it, or I sell my cards and buy other ones and usually that cycle last awhile. Every once in awhile I get lucky and I get a great done and I'll flip it for more money than I bought it for. I don't have any time for work between football, getting ready for school, and hanging out with my friends. Also the only somewhat kinda job I have is helping the football players at my old middle school but I don't get paid.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See g1ebe's Items on eBay

save up money from xmas/bdays etc..im a junior but I make money on my own from finding steals on ebay or doing odd things

SCF Rewards
    Country

My parents dont buy me anything and I have some pretty good cards because i have either
    A) Made good trades for them
    B) Pulled them
    C) Or saved up for them or worked for the money.

Country

How do all of you get your cards? I see kids with TONS of expensive cards. How do you guys have the funds? Work? I ask because I worked and some money went to cards. I NEVER got money from family though. So my PC means more to me seeing that I built it up with my own money.

Nino

WOW! Nice to see someone is interested in "little kids". I make 20 a month for allowance. Thats it. I wanna do some babysitting or whatnot, but its hard because i have no free time. I barely buy any cards. When i do buy cards, its after i've saved up for MONTHS. I've moved to memorabilia since my Dad enjoys space items... he thinks that giving me and my brother money for football items will slowly get us into his Apollo collection. Granted he's only given us 300 and that was a special occasion, its still all we get. The most i've spent on one card was 55, and that was when i got ripped off. I prefer oncard autos of my favorite players. You learn not to care what set they come from since its still a nice auto. Otherwise, being a teen collector in todays market STINKS.

Thanks for listening to me

-Isaac

Country
    See chasemjrs's Items on eBay

How do all of you get your cards? I see kids with TONS of expensive cards. How do you guys have the funds? Work? I ask because I worked and some money went to cards. I NEVER got money from family though. So my PC means more to me seeing that I built it up with my own money.

Nino

I get most of my money for cards by picking berries for a local orchard. My parents don't give me an allowance but they give some for my birthday and Christmas.

SCF Rewards
    Country

im in middle school, i HATE being bought cards (unless it is my birthday or christmas), guess how i get my money, investments in cards, i sell tons of video games, chores, tons of stuff, how did i buy the stuff i sell to begin with, well its birthday money, i save a lot of my money, i can only afford to collect high end cards of devin thomas and have money left over,

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast