Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 613141516171819 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

This is a Why Why did I do that story!!!!Way back in 2005/2006 I had purchased a box of Upperdeck series one,that was the year of crosby.In one pack I pulled his Young Gun and thought great I made my monies worth,but to my surprise right behind that Young Gun was another Crosby Young Guns his High Gloss version #6/10,WOW!!!!!!Now I thought of holding on to the card but in my excitement I was offered $900 for it and back then that kind of money was awesome and sold it right then and there.Now the store owner is still around and can always be reached to tell you this story himself too because the very next day he flipped the card for $1500!!!Ouch,I thought to myself I should have held on to it a bit longer.After years have passed and being a bit more experienced I learned that sometimes its good to wait!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See aspencer528's Items on eBay

Figured I'd share this story as I'm a little disappointed in myself. My local LCS Wests Sportscards here in Edmonton does group breaks and because I'm one of his better costumers I usually get a heads up and one of the first choices on teams in his team selects. So when Rookie Anthology came out I took the Leafs in two of the first breaks, in the third he gave it to another Leafs fan and in the fourth I decided to try a different team. So in the first I hit nothing major, then for some strange reason break 3 filled before break 2 so he broke the next case which contained the following..dominion peerless patch Rielly redemption, Dominion RPA Reilly redemption and a luxury suite /25 auto patch Rielly. I was heart broke as that shoulda been break 2! Anyways to make matters worse I had Anahiem and had nothing major. When break 2 filled, which shoulda been case three, no major leafs, yet a beauty Gibson RPA from Dominion. Oh the heartache!!!...was only getting started. I decided against the Leafs in case 4 as I was disgusted.....and then in case 4 out came a redemption for Rielly dominion ensigns 1 of 1 auto.....I couldn't believe my luck. Fortunately my life is going great in every area other then my hobby mojo so I can't complain, maybe the box my wife is picking me up as my first Father's Day gift will change the mojo in the right direction. Thought I'd share as i asked myself why I took the Isles instead of sticking with the Leafs. Wether on the ice or in the hobby them leafs just disappoint me every chance They get. Lol. Here's the link to their page if anyone is interested in witnessing first hand, it's break 238 for the ensign and 234 for the other loaded Rielly case in the completed breaks section. http://wests.freeforums.net/board/3/...d-group-breaks
    Last edited by aspencer528; 06-06-2014 at 11:03 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Cdnbaconqb's Items on eBay

I'm currently living in a fire camp for the summer and my room is extremely small.

A few weeks ago I won a 1 of 1 PC card and it arrived safely. I stashed the card along with a bunch of others for the time being, only to come back to it last week and low and behold the 1 of 1 isn't there.

I searched the room multiple times and I haven't been able to find it at all, all the other cards are there though. The only thing I can think of is that it fell into the garbage can or I forgot to take it out of the mailer before throwing it away.

The only hope I have left is that it got stuck in a corner of the room that I won't find until I move out.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings New York Yankees Indianapolis Colts
    Instagram:

Apparently when I was younger I had just thrown some cards in a cardboard box with some other stuff. I found the box less than a year ago and was going through it all. Some cards were damaged a little, but they were cheap 90's hockey from like Pro Set, then I find a top notch hockey rookie card. A Marc-Andre Fleury UD Young Guns. An $80ish card that now has a small indent and some soft corners....

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Jose Sharks Washington Capitals
    COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I'll go against the thread a bit, and talk about good mojo. I bought two boxes of 96-97 SPx at a show. My buddy and I really liked the look of the cards, so he had me buy one for him when I went. At work on Monday, I brought in both boxes and let him choose which one he wanted. He didn't get anything special. But I pulled the Gretzky autograph! It's not worth quite as much now as it was back then (especially with inflation), but it doesn't matter because it aint for sale. That one is staying with me, at least until I open my own card shop. Then it will go on display next to my autographed George Bush Desert Storm card to draw in lookie-loos.

Of course, I think I used up all my good luck with the Gretzky. Haven't pulled a single really nice card ever since. Anything good in my bucket is always pulled by my wife (as she has quite the touch). For instance, this year I opened a box (cant remember what brand), and three of the four mem/auto cards were Ducks! Pure junk!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Dergula's Items on eBay

Well just picked up 2 SPA autos from this year (Kessel retro & Franson SP) for my leaf set off of ebay. Paid for the items then realized a week later i had my old shipping address on the ebay account (we moved last year).

SUPER FAIL. $40.... down the drain.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

Trading and Selling mistakes - Let's hear some stories

Okay so I just effed up on a small scale lol.

On eBay I bought a lot of 14 'clear cards', thats what he called it. I bought it for $10. I was well aware of what was in the lot. 11 ICE premieres (Jussi Jokinen being the best) 2 McDonalds In The Crease and 1 McDonalds Clear Cut Winners Martin Brodeur. Bingo. That card is worth $20 most days of the week.

Awesome. Right?

So I sold a bunch of McDonalds cards to a member here. $14 CAD. Gave him a very fair deal since I know I paid less. I start packing up the cards and then I realize... I confused Clear Cut Winners with In the Crease and basically sold that McDonald Clear Cut Winners card for $1. Can't back out of the deal especially since I already have his money lol.

So .. not really THAT bad... I likely broke even with the lot that I initially bought and someone is up a very nice card. I know I have done worse.

Now I'm just wondering how I missed that since I have been dealing with hockey cards almost every day for quite some time now. I know all I kept thinking about was getting to Toronto to see the Bush concert (Bush were awesome live by the way).

Now I wanna hear your stories so I can feel better and so we can all laugh at ourselves together :P
    Master List: Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

I sold a couple of cards ebay about 3 years ago one was an Eberle. I also had a sale on here for at the same time. I only take 3-4 packages to my PO each time because its so expensive now. I ended up sending the Eberle YG to the member on here. I didn't send out his package until a couple days later. I thought to myself "I just wrote out this address something's wrong" That's when I realized what I did. Both cards were to be sent to Canada.

The member was a class act. I sent him the guys address where the Eberle was supposed to go and he sent it out for me. The Eberle was worth more than the card he was supposed to get too.

I cant remember who the member was but thankfully it didn't cost me anything except the extra postage I sent him to cover it.

I could easily have been screwed by a stupid mistake

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Connexionhck (72)
    Country
    See thal_corbeil's Items on eBay Instagram:

The stupidest thing I ever done and still regret is trading my centennial Habs auto cards. I traded them for cards of same value, but they always sell over BV, amongst the cards I traded were a Kovalev-Kostitsyn dual auto, a Guy Lapointe HOF auto and other single autos including Price. I get so angry thinking about it!!!

Another thing I did was to refuse an offer on a card. The card was a Tyler Seguin Dominion Laundry tags 1/1. I refused 250$ for it. I the had the stupidest idea and put the card on auction, it ended for if I remember right 150.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ShamaleSands's Items on eBay

Had a few high end cards sell for less than amount i was offered within hours of listing.

ITG Decades 1/1 Mega Patch Lemieux. offered $325 refused. 4 months later sell it to an SCF member for $275 through eBay so I also had to pay fees. At least it went to our community though :)

ITG Decades 1/1 Mega Patch Felix Potvin. Offered $300. I took it after a while. Huge potvin fan, so why not? My friend offered me $400 after the fact lol

Good karma goes around. This SCF member has 3-4 feedback and offered more money and I said no. I want an SCF member more than $20. Especially since really its not $20 out of my pocket.

I have seen a thread similar to this years ago, my worst move ever was $100 on a Titanium /27 Brendan Smith. Maybe I was schilled... who knows? They sold for regularly $30 average. My fault for not knowing Titanium Stock and for not knowing he is #2 not #27. Never seen his true rookie but I know someone on SCF has 1 of those 2.

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 613141516171819 ... LastLast