Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Question about Steiner COA's

A few years ago, Steiner moved to their current credit card style COA's that look like this:

Every single Steiner credit card style COA I have looks like the above picture--the COA describes what was signed (baseball, helmet, etc) and has a bar code.

So recently, I have seen many items on eBay that have Steiner COA's that look like the one in this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Peyton-Manning-Signed-Colts-FS-Deluxe-Helmet-COA_W0QQitemZ260516582168QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_Def aultDomain_0?hash=item3ca7ff9318

There is no barcode on the COA and it doesn't say what was signed. To me, this looks like a fake Steiner COA but I wanted to get the board's opinion. This seller, digitalsportsdeals, has a lot of Steiner stuff listed, but the COA's look suspicious and there are no closeup pics. Plus, all his feedback is private, which is another red flag.

It looks like people are taking Steiner COA's and then printing a label and affixing it to the COA. Does anyone have a credit card COA from Steiner that doesn't have a barcode? Any thoughts or opinions on this matter are greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Vegas; 12-03-2009 at 01:48 PM.

Country

somebody did leave this feedback on that seller:
    Ali Autographed Steiner Item was sent to Online Authentics accepted as real FAKE

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See thirdshiftradio's Items on eBay

I have a Reggie Jackson without a bar code, but no white sticker....there is a tan area on the credit card and "Reggie Jackson Autograph" is typed in the area. My Schilling ball I just got has Curt Schilling MLB Baseball with a barcode in that same tan area. Hope that helps.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (15)
    Country

They hand those cards out when they have signings at one of their stores. The hologram on the helmet is the key, to me more important then the credit card coa. Make sure that is on the helmet

SCF Rewards
    Country

UPDATE:

Looks like these may be legit Steiner COA's after all. After some further research, it appears that Steiner uses the non-barcoded COA's for public signings. As such, they don't have a barcode or the description of the auto--they just state the athlete's name. Someone on another forum has been to public signings Steiner has held and recieved a COA similar to the one in the eBay link.

I still think it's somewhat shady to have all private feedback, but the seller appears to be selling legit Steiner merchandise. Thanks for all your comments.