Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Hoops-collector's Items on eBay

What he is saying is true, on both fronts. Right now there are auctions for a teague and jrue elite autos for .99! Pack searchers are scum and I have never and will never buy a hot pack! You are better off buying sigle cards off ebay then from a cheater and his "hot packs".

I'm just throwing this out there................who's to say that those auctions aren't the results from searched packs? Just because we don't know where they came from should that make us feel better.

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gladdyontherise's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

I've been told my a searcher before they run there finger nails on each card, they somehow lift the card up enough to check, apparantly you can feel the sticker so they know an auto is in there...dont know how they do it, but thats what i hear, or they just reseal packs, one or the other
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See greydawn13's Items on eBay

thanks guys and too me i think i got them for a steal for 2 rc auto hot packs i got them for 17.50

Thing is, hot packs are very often resealed, and thus have been cherry picked for any of the best possible hits (further, 'jersey/patch/auto' hot packs are almost 100% of the time just going to contain a jersey, labeling them as such is a marketing ploy).

So, moral issues aside, would paying $17.50 for two Elite packs with guaranteed autos that could be any player be a good deal? Sure. Chance of Griffin, Evans, Jennings, etc.

However the reality is almost always that the seller has ensured that the two autographs in such packs are only going to be players that sell for much less once opened. And it is the case that you can get Teague and Holiday as singles on ebay for less than $5 each. Thus those two autos could have been bought for $10 or less, which makes paying $17.50 to get them (with no chance of getting better autos) actually not a good deal.

It's a shady business, that's for sure. (Even check out the established hot pack sellers with 99% feedback...they'll still have 10-20 negative feedbacks a year saying that they reseal packs/cherry pick all the decent cards).

Country

too me it was a good deal dude i am not in it for the money just want to build the collection is all i dont care how much they sell for they wont be leaving for a while anyways

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Dallas Cowboys
    Twitter: @dajuiceman210 See dajuiceman210's Items on eBay Instagram:

Its funny how people like to tell you how to spend YOUR own money. If he wants to buy hot packs it's his money to do so. I would to. Nice hits.

Country

seriously man not everyone cares about making money, believe it or not some people collect for the fun of it...

Country

thanks alot reggie and juiceman for that =)

BANNED

Blog Entries
    Country

there not telling him how to spend his money. if he wants to be the hot packs he can.

There not saying you HAVE to buy this not the hot packs. They are just advising him that they are a rip off and he can get the same exact cards for a lot less.

Country

there not telling him how to spend his money. if he wants to be the hot packs he can.

There not saying you HAVE to buy this not the hot packs. They are just advising him that they are a rip off and he can get the same exact cards for a lot less.

no i know what they are trying to say but i went and bought them cause i just wanted to try it and get some autos thats it i love the mystery of what can be in there

BANNED

Blog Entries
    Country

no i know what they are trying to say but i went and bought them cause i just wanted to try it and get some autos thats it i love the mystery of what can be in there

i understand where ur coming from, im just telling the other people that those people are not telling u how to spend your money. they are just trying to help fellow collectors save money.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast