Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See chillydoggy's Items on eBay

Apply HERE to be considered for Super Collector Hall of Fame

Sports Card Forum Super Collector Hall of Fame Application Thread

Please Reply in this thread with the following information. Please review the requirements to be a Super Collector before posting.

Applications should look like so:

• Amount Owned/Amount Produced= % Owned
    • Amount Auto/GU Owned/Amount Produced= % Owned
    • Amount Rookies Owned/Amount Produced= % Owned
    • Amount Base Owned/Amount Produced= % Owned
    • Additional links or pictures
    • Any additional information that sets your collection apart

Don't know how to figure these numbers out? Go to beckett.com and type in the players name in the start your search name blank. Figure accordingly based on the information needed, and post it here. Thanks and Good Luck!
    Last edited by jaybird_1981; 04-26-2011 at 10:38 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See TinCastleAuctions's Items on eBay

I'm guessing my application to be a super collector was the one that was deleted, so here it is again!

This is for my John David Booty collection:

Amount Owned/Amount Produced = 432/850 (50.8%)

Amount Auto/GU Owned/Amount Produced = 268/581 (46.1%)

Amount Rookies Owned/Amount Produced = 399/786 (50.8%)

Amount Base Owned/Amount Produced = 3/3 (100%)

Additional links or pictures:

http://s144.photobucket.com/albums/r...%20Collection/

Any additional information that sets your collection apart:

I only have obtained one 1/1 JDB card (so far), but I happen to have a Yellow Printing Plate from the 2009 UD Heroes set, which is unique since Booty didn't have any cards released in either the 2008 or 2009 UD Heroes sets!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Excellent! Will look it over later this week or this weekend. Thanks.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    New York Mets Boise State Broncos Syracuse Orange
    Twitter: @jrlebert See jean.ramon's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

My name is J.R. My supercollection is that of Matt Ware, reserve DB/S who has played for the Philadelphia Eagles (2004-2005) and the Arizona Cardinals (2006-present). Matt and I went to Loyola HS, graduating in the same class. He was just recently named to the all-decade team on CalHiSports.com for the 2000's. He also played minor league baseball for two seasons in the Seattle Mariners system.

He has played in two Super Bowls, 2004 with the Eagles and 2008 with the Cardinals.

Matt has just 79 cards, including 19 1/1's, and almost all of them coming in his rookie year, 2004. He has had only one other card produced since then, in 2006 topps total, that he shares with two other players.

I have almost 2,500 (yes, that reads two thousand five hundred!) of his cards, including a huge number of his rarest cards. I would have more, but I gave one copy of each card I had to his family.

I have 2 of the 3 1/1 parallel inserts, including the 2004 bowman chrome blue refractor and the 2004 reflections black parallel. i am only missing his 2004 donruss classics timeless tributes platinum parallel 1/1.

I have 4 of the 12 rookie printing plates, including 3 of the 4 spx plates, and 1 of his upper deck plates. I am still looking for any of the 4 plates from 2006 topps total. I saw the 2004 ud black plate listed on another site and on photobucket, but i have not been able to track it down. I lost his 2004 ud blue plate, but I lost it to his family on the bay.

I have 10 of the 50 2004 bowman chrome gold refractors, 5 of 25 spx spectrum golds and 24 of 100 topps chrome black refractors.

I have at least one copy of EVERY SINGLE non 1/1 card.

I also have his only non-card piece of memorabilia, a 2008 Disabled American Veterans oversized card, and a powder blue game worn 2000 UCLA jersey of his. I have over a dozen hand signed cards of his, and a signed Eagles mini helmet. I also have every single one of his Loyola HS football game programs, as well as some UCLA programs and a media guide.

Amount Owned (66) /Amount Produced (66) = 100% Owned
    Amount Non-1/1's Owned (60)/Amount Produced (60) = 100% Owned
    Amount 1/1's Owned (6)/Amount Produced (19) = 31.5% Owned (missing one 1/1 parallel and 12 printing plates)
    Amount Auto/GU Owned (0)/Amount Produced (0)= (doesn't have one)
    Amount Rookies (or rookie year cards) Owned (54)/Amount Produced (54) = 100% Owned
    Amount Base Owned (1)/Amount Produced (1)= 100% Owned (his only regular non-rc is 2006 total)

Additional links or pictures: check out my collection at www.freewebs.com/jrlebert

Any additional information that sets your collection apart: I challenge anyone to have as complete of a collection as I do of such a non-superstar player!

Here's my favorite stat about my collection: I have almost 11% of every serial numbered/stated print run card ever produced of Matt. I have 1,187 of the 10,890 TOTAL serial numbered/stated print run cards. Across all sets.

My collection's current book value stands at just under $15,000. Yup. For MATT WARE.

Now who wants to help me find those last 1/1's?
    Last edited by jrlebert; 03-17-2010 at 05:02 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TR (44)
    Country
    West Virginia Mountaineers

This is for my Amos Zereoue collection...

1st Requirement- Percentage Owned
    Based on the amount of cards produced of a given player, you must provide the amount produced along with how many you have. For example using the chart below. If I collect Steve Young, and he has 1799 cards. I need to have 50% of those cards. So I must have at least 899.
    Quantity produced / % you must have (changed %'s)

Your player must have 200 cards produced of him to be eligible, as players with low production runs may be too easy to obtain, for previously entered members, they are Grand-fathered in.

200-250- 90%

251-500 - 75%
    501-750 - 60%
    751-1000 - 50%
    1001-1500 - 45%
    1501+ - 40%

340/365 = 93.15%
    (I have a few that need added to Beckett...so 343/368:
    2002 Pacific Nights Special Edition 351 #/10
    2002 Score Chicago National Promos 185 #/5
    2003 SP Authentic Uncut Panel #/1000)

2nd Requirement- Auto/GU Owned
    Autos: 15/16 (actually 17/18; beckett doesn't list a few when you sort them)
    Games Used: 4/4

3rd Requirement- Rookies Owned
    Must have at least 60 rookie cards can be rookie of any level base, insert, gu, auto. In cases of a rookie having limited amounts of cards produced, we will accept exceptions on this, on a case by case basis. However if your player has a significant amount of rookies more then 60, do not expect to be given an exception.

Rookies: 53/53 (100%)
    Rookie Year: 230/253 (91%)
    - this included 1/1s

4th Requirement- Not too much Base Owned
    Base cards cannot be more then 60% of entire collection.

less than 30%

5th Requirement- Proof
    We will need to see pictures, so please link your photobucket or website. If you are a Super Collector, we assume you would want to show your collection off! Let's see it! You should have the better portion of your Autos and Jerseys pictured at the very least. General pictures of binders or cases with base are acceptable.

http://s40.photobucket.com/albums/e241/Davz13/AZ/
    password: zereoue

I have 1 of ever card I own - front and back - scanned and posted (I also left "Wanted" pics for the few I need)
    they are divided by year.

at the front of the title, you will see various things:

#/xx = what it is serially numbered out of

* = not in checklist

_ = not Zeroeue's card (but he is incorporated into it somehow)

??? = doesn't exist??? I really don't think the card exists. there is supposed to be 557 made, and I've yet to see any...

also, the folder "Unnumbered and Errors and Etc" has unnumbered cards, samples, errors, prints, proofs, negatives, etc.

and finally, the folder "Misc Pictures" has pictures of when I met him at his restaurant this year (I met him before when he played at WVU), practice worn jersey, game used gloves, his locker's nameplate from the 1999 NFL Rookie Shoot, aftermarket 1/1s, custom slu's and mcfarlanes, bobble heads, replica jerseys, SOM and APBA games, about 150 slides from Pacific, auto'd photos, a pic of some of my "special numbered" cards (see below), and a pic of my collection a few years back.

"special numbered" cards
    #1/xx (first one)
    #20/xx (college jersey number)
    #21/xx (Steelers jersey number)
    #28/xx (Raiders jersey number)
    #31/xx (Patriots jersey number)
    #xx/xx (last one)

6th Requirement- Post Count
    You must have 300 posts on SCF or more to apply, those already in are exempt, but too many people are coming and posting with a handful of threads and never return.
    300+

thanks,
    David
    (Davz13)
    Last edited by Davz13; 03-19-2010 at 07:28 PM.
    I collect all WVU Alumni: Amos Zereoue, Steve Slaton, Pat White, Robert Sands, Rasul Douglas, Avon Cobourne, Quincy Wilson, Owen Schmitt, Will Grier, Gary Jennings, David Sills, Trevon Wesco, Pat McAfee, Darius Stills, Tavon Austin, Geno Smith, Charles Sims, Sam Huff, Chuck Howley, Jerry West (NBA), Jevon Carter (NBA), Jedd Gyorko (MLB), etc.
    and
    Dolphins, Avalanche, St.L Cardinals, & SF Giants

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ok here is my application for super collector of Kerry Collins

• Amount Owned/Amount Produced= 1020/2541 40.14% Owned
    • Amount Auto Owned/Amount Produced= 31/60 51.6% Owned
    • Amount Rookies Owned/Amount Produced= 31/31 100% Owned
    • Amount GU Owned/Amount Produced= 75/145 51.7% Owned
    • Amount Base Owned/Amount Produced= 883/2488 35.5% Owned This includes 1/1s and printing plates and inserts

What sets my collection apart from any other is that I own a signed mini helmet of every professional team that Collins has played for as well as a signed super bowl mini helmet. I also have a couple signed 8X10s and a signed lithograph. All photos can be found in my Bucket. I also own 2 true 1/1s. Also I have over 3000 total cards.
    Last edited by CollinsFanatic; 03-28-2010 at 12:21 PM.

Country

i have a question, how do you find out how many cards your "guy" or "team" has produced?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Type your players name in beckett's search window and it will give you a total. You can sort by Autos, GU or whatever by sorting them on the left hand categories.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Attempt at Jarett Dillard

Amount Owned/Amount Produced= 210/276 76%
    Amount Auto/GU Owned/Amount Produced= Autos 59/79 75%
    Amount Rookies Owned/Amount Produced= 24/29 83%
    Amount Base Owned/Amount Produced= He has no base cards
    Additional links or pictures

Also have 25 1/1s

http://s695.photobucket.com/albums/v...0Dillard%20PC/
    http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/v...Hickson040.jpg
    http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/v...Dillard002.jpg
    http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/v...Dillard004.jpg
    http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/v...Dillard001.jpg
    Last edited by justinhixson; 04-10-2010 at 10:56 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

You didn't mention autos in the Auto/GU part, just that he doesn't have any GU.

Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast