Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

The Lack Of Vintage Collectors Is Depressing Rant

I hoped as SCF grew, that certain types of collectors would grow with it. In being away almost 2 years, the site has exploded, and this is fantastic. There are bazillions of Hockey collectors on this site and frankly I'm amazed....

What is sad however, is that when the site began back in 2003, there were about 10 of us vintage guys. 8 years later, there are still only about 10 of us. Lol

I guess the "Flavour Of The Week" is what drives the hobby. I cannot understand paying hundreds of dollars for unproven kids.

I guess I fall into the Old Dogs, New Tricks catergory.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See edthesandwich's Items on eBay

Have you checked out Hobby Insider? In my experiences there, I've seen plenty more vintage collectors than here.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See teamchevelle's Items on eBay

I hear ya.....I am one of the old school collectors but have had to get a little modern or else have no trading. As you can see in my sig I do stick to the more retro set however. ;)

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (13)
    Country

I'm a new guy who loves and collects vintage so make it 11 :)

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Los Angeles Kings
    See cssportsca's Items on eBay

I mainly collect Vintage LA Kings....I dont have much vintage left as its been mostly traded.....only have a few singles left....but the Favor Flav has been recent stars and recent releases....

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See teamchevelle's Items on eBay

I am a hoarder by nature so I have the very first set I collected way back in 1975....working on the last few OPC sets prior to that I do not have yet.

SCF Rewards
    Country

What's so wrong about not wanting to collect vintage cards exactly?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See osgoood1's Items on eBay

I fell ya on this :-/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See kroetche's Items on eBay

make it 12...I have over 1000 vintage cards (50 graded) just need the time to post up pics!!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    UCB (20)
    Country
    See nyibeerforce's Items on eBay

never been a vintage collector...unless you count my NYI cards from '71-'72 season. Think I will do a gang scan of some of my older NYI cards on the show and tell post. Your thread made me check them out and brought back why I began collecting in the first place...However with the amount of product out there now I stopped collecting the base cards and like many others have keyed on specifics for PC. Here are a few of my very poor shape oldies...if you want them you can have them.

Page 1 of 13 123411 ... LastLast